Eclipse or Solstice ?

curiouscat

I'm in the process of booking and they are similiar prices...itinerary doesn't matter since we've been to all the ports many times..... so does the Eclipse have some more upgrades than the Sosltice.... we were on the Solstice for a very short cruise and loved it...

Then begins cabin category choice.. balcony,concierge or aqua....:eek:

CC

I'm in the process of booking and they are similiar prices...itinerary doesn't matter since we've been to all the ports many times..... so does the Eclipse have some more upgrades than the Sosltice.... we were on the Solstice for a very short cruise and loved it

Then begins cabin category choice.. balcony,concierge or aqua....:eek:

CC

Eclipse has Qsine. :)

I think the differences are very limited. I will be on Eclipse in November and will see how it compares to Solstice.

I agree that you might choose if you want Qsine or Asian Harvest. I really like sushi but am looking forward to trying Qsine. I've heard great things.

Also, the Eclipse has the iLounge computer lab. I'm not sure if they've modified the Solstice lab to be an iLounge too?

If you are considering aqua class, you might also go with Eclipse. I heard something about more padding material between the pool deck and the aqua class rooms on the recent ships. Maybe someone else can confirm that?

I was in a similar "boat" making a decision between Solstice and Eclipse and ultimately chose Eclipse because it's fun to be on a new ship... even if it is VERY similar to another ship. I also prefer the Saturday departure instead of Sunday on Solstice.

I had the same choice a few months ago for our Thanksgiving cruise. Prices were practically identical, and itinerary didn't matter. Have been on Solstice and Equinox so far and there's not much difference between the S-class ships, other than decor.

We eventually chose Eclipse because of the Saturday departure. Eclipse does have the added bonus of Qsine and being a brand new ship, but Solstice is lovely too. Whatever you choose, I'm sure it will be enjoyable.

Thanks... I think hubby would like the sat departure too... and I like the idea of the "newer" ship...

Read the Qsine reviews and not sure I'm sold on that... I have a restrictive diet and don't know if that work... is there a menu?

CC

You will love Qsine. :)

Is this "group" dining? I thought I saw a photo with a large/long table. Ae there 2 tops? How many courses are there? I thought I read there weren't any courses. Do they just keep bring food or do you actually order, and how many plates does each person/table order?

Thanks... I think hubby would like the sat departure too... and I like the idea of the "newer" ship...

Read the Qsine reviews and not sure I'm sold on that... I have a restrictive diet and don't know if that work... is there a menu?

CC

You can find the Qsine menu here: http://www.celebritycruises.com/dining/product/detail/view.do;jsessionid=0000h_0iKc-OGJ8Ep_L7NdnfhV3:12h3rnd1c?ProductCode=QSINDINNER&componentType=3&currencyCode=USD&shipCode=EC

If the link doesn't work, just go to the Celebrity site, Onboard experience, then Specialty dining and all the menus are listed there.

Is this "group" dining? I thought I saw a photo with a large/long table. Ae there 2 tops? How many courses are there? I thought I read there weren't any courses. Do they just keep bring food or do you actually order, and how many plates does each person/table order?

From what I have read, Qsine is not group dining. I'm sure some will eat "family-style" (i.e. try a little from others' plates) at their own tables, given the nature of the dishes, but you don't have to dine with others. There are tables of all sizes in the specialty restaurants, so 2 tops are available. The menu, though long, seems to work itself out to appetizer-soup/salad-entree-dessert. The staff in the restaurants always aims to please, so I would not be surprised if they brought multiple dishes to try if you are interested or have trouble deciding.

Archived