February Sailings

Hello All!

I will be doing my first B2B in February on the Imagination. First, I have never been on this ship but, have been on the Fantasy & Sensation. Is there any differences? Next ???? how's the weather in February...ports are Cozumel, Key West & Bahamas. Is there a need to pack bathing suits? Is the norm in February pants during the day?

Thanks, for the help!

DisneyRaq

I LOVE cruising in Feb if going to the Caribbean. To me its the best time to go. The weather is not too hot but yet the water is still warm enough. Our only problem has been fog (we cruise out of Galveston). Only got fogged in once and had a delay in leaving. But, you never know when it will roll in. The only time it could be slightly cool, and keep in mind this is from Galveston, is at sail away. A little further out of Galveston, and the weather is the best! I have been to Coz many times in Feb, and its wonderful! Only to Bahamas once, and that was a land vacation...went to the Mexican Riviera a couple of years ago from LA, and it was slightly cool at sail away, but same thing as Galveston, a little further out, and beautiful weather. Cant tell you anything about sailings from Florida, but doubt it will be much different. I always take a light weight warm up suit (usually have one that has long pants and shorter pants and then choose the one that fits the weather as days lead up to cruise time, and bring along the jacket to it just in case). Usually the only time I need it, unless I wear the jacket if it gets cool inside the ship, as I am cold natured...but you being in Michigan, you will probably think the weather hot!! LOL Have fun! Dot

Usually the only time I need it, unless I wear the jacket if it gets cool inside the ship, as I am cold natured...but you being in Michigan, you will probably think the weather hot!! LOL Have fun! Dot

I woke up this morning and it was 38 degrees outside!!! Now, that's just sickening ;-)

We took a land vacation to Key West in Feb. '09, it was chilly. This year we sailed out of Tampa in Feb. on the Legend, and it was down right cold. But when we got up the next morning you could drastically tell the difference(thank goodness). We went to Seven Mile beach for the day in Caymans, and Nachi Cocum in Cozumel,and swam at both beaches, water was warm. So def. take swim suits!

I usually sail in January or February. Love the weather in the Carribean during these months. It can be cool at your departure port but usually by the first sea day it has warmed up nicely. My last cruise - January '10, an artic cold front swept waaaay down and it did prohibit us from sunbathing all but one day. I wore a lite jacket all day in Belize. But it was absolutley gorgeous weather. Very comfortable. We were able to swim in Cozumel.

We cruise in February also- but the last two years have been rather chilly in the ports- (Bahamas was 52 degrees two years ago--brrr- but someone from Michigan that would be rather pleasant)

please book your vacation the day or two before you leave-- that way if problems crop up you will have a leeway

Archived