Ocean Club Resort Beach in Cozumel

melodystrother

We'd be interested in this too. Why is it only $37 on CWS and Mr. Sanchos, Passion, etc are all $50?

Tony

well I noticed the price difference last night. I am curious also too. We will be taking the 2-Reef snorkel trip from there next week and was told by their live chat (Quinn) that we could use the entire facilities at the resort while we waited for our boat to pick up. She or he said it was next door to Carlos and Charlies but this resort was alot better and more amenenties.. It looks very nice online, but I'm not paying for the resort just the boat trip. I would highly advise doing the live chat to ask questions about any of their online activities . It beats waiting for an email from places that you ask and never get the direct question ask... Good Luck ... When will your family be in Cozumel> Maybe I can post something when I return for you.

we'll be there Sat. nothing like not knowing what you want to do until the last minute. we've done nachi numerous times and looking to do something different

Can someone please give me the site address. I am googling it but it doesn't come up.

PLEASE let me know how this was.

We are sailing without the kids in January and always do Nachi (Even before it was an A/I) and my dh wanted to do Tulum this trip. Today he informed me he thinks he rather do the beach since we will be coming from cold NY to warmer weather and wants to relax.

PLEASE let us know.

Thanks.

Can someone please give me the site address. I am googling it but it doesn't come up.

PLEASE let me know how this was.

We are sailing without the kids in January and always do Nachi (Even before it was an A/I) and my dh wanted to do Tulum this trip. Today he informed me he thinks he rather do the beach since we will be coming from cold NY to warmer weather and wants to relax.

PLEASE let us know.

Thanks.

Im pretty sure this is it. I couldnt find a direct website either with Google. But here is the link to the AI

http://www.***********************/ToursExcursions/OceanResortBeach.htm.

Thanks,

I'm wondering if we can just wait until we get off the ship and see what this company has to offer? Might be able to bargain the price a little bit maybe?

Tony

Dont know but kind of doubt it on the AI.. but you can try and if not then walk over to another beach next door. There are several right in a row.

I must say that some people here really put down places for no reason

I am also looking into this...but ...I chatted with them

do the math...it is less because unlike some of the others it does not offer 8 or 10 hours "unlimited" bar..it offers 5

that works for us since we are on the Destiny, which does not get into port till 1 pm (12 noon their time)

I chatted with Quinn..so they are available

Quinn said they have chips, salsa, guac, chicken and beef fajitas

and quesedillas, salads etc...

I am not saying this is great but wow...some people here are so quick to put places down or give mis-information

this is NOT Mr Sanchos

as for the "url">> well this site blocks some urls, a business decision

Now...I am looking for reviews from people who have actually been here

do the math...it is less because unlike some of the others it does not offer 8 or 10 hours "unlimited" bar..it offers 5

that works for us since we are on the Destiny, which does not get into port till 1 pm (12 noon their time)

I am not saying this is great but wow...some people here are so quick to put places down or give mis-information

this is NOT Mr Sanchos

I dont think anyone here was criticizing the resort, just asking questions. Always curious when the price is lower at one place, is something not included? You get what you pay for and this resort sounds perfect. We're probably going here. Playa Uvas sounds great too and is much cheaper than all the others.

JS I noticed your a DVCer. We're DVC since '93 at OKW.

Debbie and Tony

this is NOT Mr Sanchos

I think we are going to give it a try for our January cruise without the kids! We are in Cozumel from 8 am - 6 pm but this will be good enough for us. LOVE Nachi and if we didn't always go there would go but so want to do something different without the kids (teens).

I dont think anyone here was criticizing the resort, just asking questions. Always curious when the price is lower at one place, is something not included? You get what you pay for and this resort sounds perfect. We're probably going here. Playa Uvas sounds great too and is much cheaper than all the others.

JS I noticed your a DVCer. We're DVC since '93 at OKW.

Debbie and Tony

Debbie (or Tony LOL), yes, we are DVCers. We own SSR since 2009. We have been to Vero and doing SSR THVs for a few nights and then Dream cruise next July on our points.

My mom purchased them for my family with the understanding that she always comes with us LOL She usually travels with us anyway, so it is a great win-win for all LOL

• 2 weeks later...

They were offline for a bit last week...you know hurricanes happen...they were under hurricane watch

fortunately Cozumel came out ok

I have chatted with Quin and he has phoned me

the price went up to $40 but he is honoring the $37 price for my group

I am sure it is lower cause it is a new club...so far I love the good service from Quin,and I will let you know how the beach club is

I don't like or trust beachtours and would not book with them or book Mr Sanchos cause among other problems they would NOT give me straight answers (ie, can we get a lower price for someone who does not ever ever drink alcohol, can we get a snorkel boat out from there etc)

I don't see this listed unger ShoreTrips website anymore. Now I see one called Feista on the Beach.. it looks the same, but the photos are different from those on the Ocean Beach Club facebook page.

We are leaving in 2 weeks.. would love to know if anyone has any info on this.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't see this listed unger ShoreTrips website anymore. Now I see one called Feista on the Beach.. it looks the same, but the photos are different from those on the Ocean Beach Club facebook page.

We are leaving in 2 weeks.. would love to know if anyone has any info on this.

You know, I had this booked but when I got our confirmation, it showed the real name of the beach club (it is not called Ocean Beach Club). I googled the name of the beach club, which shares it beach with condos. While it looked ok, it didn't look like what I wanted and ended up booking Nachi since we have been many times and know what we are getting.

Did you google the images and name of the condos that is on your confirmation?

I just checked my old invoice and it was not Fiesta, it was for:

Gran Costa Sur. So, do you think those that paid for Gran Costa Sur are now going to Fiesta? My invoice says Gran Costa Sur and I confirmed that with Quinn after I was sent the invoice.

I just got off the chat with cozumel water sports. The fiesta on the beach is shoretours and the location is the Fiesta Americana hotel. The Ocean Beach is from cozumel water sports and has a three story condo on the site which is called Gran Costa Sur, the beach club is called Ocean Beach and is actually a beach, whereas the Fiesta Beach is artificial build on rocky shore...finally got that one right I hope :o

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were there last week and left another review on this board. Although we have been to several beach clubs including Nachi and Paradise Beach (also Sanchos Beach), we probably prefer the Ocean Beach for the future. It has way better facilities and a much more private seating which really sets it apart from the crowded beach clubs. Need a beach lounge bed?? No additional charge and after a few frozen Margaritas I was ready for an authentic Mexican siesta!!

Service was very pleasant and fast, they even brought us sample plates from the buffet as we were too lazy to walk up to is, good was tasty and gave a great Mexican feeling vs. Cheeseburgers and Hot Dogs.

The kids enjoyed the nicely laid out pool and floats, all in all we had a great day and thought the $40.00 ($25.00 for kids and non-drinkers) was well worth it.:)

Not impressed. We were there a few weeks ago and if you like beer, it is draft beer in a plastic cup. You can order margs and frozen drinks, and they were decent. We've been to Cozumel about a dozen times and this was our first try at a "all inclusive", but it really wasn't. They have a nice menu but they immediately tell you that you are limited to the "buffet" which consists of diced chicken, tortillas, onion and peppers, cheese, chips, great salsa, and gauc. The pool is ok, but needs paint. I wasn't too disappointed because the price is reasonable, but it is one of those, get what you pay for deals I guess. Next time, I'll try one of the places that lets you drink bottled beer and order off the menu even if it costs a bit more.

One other thing, if you have kids, they will be sitting watching kids down the beach playing on the very cool inflatable water trampolines. Ocean club has some individual floats and a couple of kayaks. We didn't have kids with us, but another couple did and I could tell the kids wanted to be at one of the other places.

A great beach indeed, away from the crowded beaches like San Francisco, Paradise and Nachi Cocom. By the way, you can get into Nachi just arriving at their door, no reservation necessary and the day we checked on them, there were at least 150 people and yes it was crowded although they advertise a 100 people limit...

Archived