putting 14 month old to sleep in stroller ...

krmlaw

then wheeling a sleeping baby around ship?

he will sleep anywhere, with any noise, we are blessed!

i was thinking of tub time, then putting him down to sleep in his stroller, which we will bring on board. then throwing a receiving blanket over the top of the canopy, and wheeling him around with us for the few hours we will be out and about after bed time (830).

what do you guys think?

in room babysitting makes me nervous ... how do i really know how they will treat LO?

I did this when my twins were 13 months and again when they were 2. I used a beach towel from the room over the stroller to keep it dark and cozy.

I'd have no problem with in-room babysitting, but since your child sounds like mine and will sleep while out and about, it's a great solution.

Best,

Mia

I am curious about this as well. We are taking our 15 mo in a couple of weeks. I plan on trying the in room babysitting, but mostly for after he is already asleep. His usual bedtime is around 7:30, so I thought about having the sitter come at 8:00 and we would only be out for 2.5 hours at the most. He really never wakes up in that time.

But I also would like to try your method and am wondering if we will get odd looks for doing this. I'd like to sit at a little lounge table and enjoy a before dinner drink while he snoozes....

I intend on my 2.5 yo napping in her stroller. Possibly evenings, too, but I'd be happy with daytime napping since we're not really "night owls" anyway. ;) She'll often fall asleep in her stroller. It worked out well in Disney World last year, granted she is a year older now. We recently went on a yacht, and she immediately fell asleep and slept the whole time from the rocking boat. So I have high hopes that she'll be able to sleep in her stroller when she needs to and it won't affect us from "doing stuff."

Go for it, honestly it is a very long tradition for parents and grandparents. I think the movement and walking helps them to settle down in strange places. The stroller is familiar so they relax.

Trust me, you won't get any rude stares to have a sleeping little one in a stroller. We were very sad when my Grandson outgrew the stroller. We have some lovely photos of him "attending" buffets, listening to the music on the pool deck, etc., from his stroller. He was a very sound sleeper and never had any idea where he had been strolled to or from. He never woke during the transfer to his bed. We too used the beach towels to provide a buffer from the lights..not that they would have disturbed him. We had loads of people stare, but with a smile and usually a comment about what a cutie he was :)

Archived