Agadir - is it really that bad?

We are on Destiny 12th November and one of the ports is Agadir. I didn't think it was too far from the town and could walk in, but the posts on various threads (on different sites) seem to contradict this, with some scathing comments on the place itself:(. We stayed in Agadir a few years ago and had a great time and didn't get hassle from shopkeepers etc, although there were a few beggars, so we thought a nice wee stroll was on the cards:) but it appears not:mad: Can anyone advise from a cruisers perspective please? We have no intention of doing any trips so its simply Agadir itself thanks.

It is a very long way from the port to the town:( There are lots of taxis on the dock and lots of hassle. We stayed on board until the afternoon, then got off for a walk along the harbour walls and even then we were followed by a taxi, with the driver calling to us. I agree Agadir is a nice place, as we stayed there for a week a few months later, but it's miles from there to the dock. I don't know why Thomson go there (except to get duty free:D) as the sea was very rough going across and back :eek:

So either get a taxi to the beach, go on a trip or stay on the ship and laze in the sun:D

It is a very long way from the port to the town:( There are lots of taxis on the dock and lots of hassle. We stayed on board until the afternoon, then got off for a walk along the harbour walls and even then we were followed by a taxi, with the driver calling to us. I agree Agadir is a nice place, as we stayed there for a week a few months later, but it's miles from there to the dock. I don't know why Thomson go there (except to get duty free:D) as the sea was very rough going across and back :eek:

So either get a taxi to the beach, go on a trip or stay on the ship and laze in the sun:D

Thanks for the confirmation, will stay on the ship and partake in the AI:D Cant be bothered with Taxi its a 4 lettered word to me!

We've been to Agadir several times and liked it. Agreed its too far a walk from the port to the town but le petit taxi are cheap and plentiful. We found the shopkeepers and stall holders to be friendly and not too pushy or rude, like in Tunisia.

We've been to Agadir several times and liked it. Agreed its too far a walk from the port to the town but le petit taxi are cheap and plentiful. We found the shopkeepers and stall holders to be friendly and not too pushy or rude, like in Tunisia.

Spot on with our experience (Tunisian shopkeepers are really pushy), we went to a few clubs at night with my stepdaughter who worked there for Thomson (now in Mexico) and no one bothered us also took advantage of several 'ladies nights' where ladies drink for free for a couple of hours at a time, I was quite happy to drink Vodka for nowt until it was time to buy a beer:D

The petit taxis were cheap compared to what we get ripped off at home but I just cant be bothered with taxis so will probably stay on ship.

• 3 weeks later...

After all the negative things people posted, I was expecting a big zero. We took a ship's tour and had a marvelous day. Very enjoyable. Very exotic. had a great time! Ditto for Casablanca which people also panned. We took back to back NCL Jade cruises last Feb/March out of Barcelona, preceding it with trip around Spain via train. Just fantastic.

Archived