Carnival Stock

willyguy

ya'all need to remember that recent past performance is not a indicator of future performance. The stock sold down to ridiculously low levels. If you didnt buy then, dont assume it will continue to keep going up. Yearly high was $44 and its now at $40, so it will have a harder time setting and holding a new higher price than $44 for a whiile (if you believe in charting which I do). Its been hitting $40 and selling off lately.

If I wanted more, I would set a price below $40 slightly and hope it dips one more time. Nothing goes staight up. You can set a buy price wherever you want. Im holding 700 shares at about $40, so Im not buing more here.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ta?s=CCL+Basic+Tech.+Analysis&t=1y

the high hit of $44 is typical ... couldnt hold so had to move back down and hit a new base it could hold.. went almost down to $30 before it started back up. I dont see it as a buy at $40. .. as in short term. Long term, I obviously do, or I wouldnt have held thru the sell off. Short term, the chart looks like it might not hold $40 to me.

You can also sell covered calls on CCL for extra income and downside protection.

I only would sell them on a stock I was ok with selling if it hit the price on the call. I want to hold my Carnival shares, and not have to buy them back each time I cruise. If I start to cruise less on Carnival, as expected, because of the solo pricing, then I might do this. I have a friend who lives off his covered calls.

Of course they will again extend this date, before someone starts to worry. They always extend the date.

Yes - this is just the most up to date listing. Who knows what the OBC will be next time they issue the flyer though. :)

Wish I could afford purchasing 100 shares of stock - $40 a share right now. Maybe in a few years. :) Was $30 a share back in August... they've had some favorable reports released the past few weeks.

Yes - this is just the most up to date listing. Who knows what the OBC will be next time they issue the flyer though. :)

Wish I could afford purchasing 100 shares of stock - $40 a share right now. Maybe in a few years. :) Was $30 a share back in August... they've had some favorable reports released the past few weeks.

The OBC has been the same year after year, so I wouldnt expect it to change, or people would be yelling who waited to have it applied.

Archived