Serenade 9/26 Review Long and Photo heavy

Robin7

wow!!! I'm calling National Geographic right now and tell them about their stolen turtle pictures OMG!, they are beautiful, any magazine will buy them from you:)

Im so glad I found your review because I am debating between The Serenade or the Adventure, so i will wit for more pics, this ship looks beautiful. Is it much smaller than the adventure??

We were on the Serenade on the 9/19. I want to do this route next, so I am really enjoying your review. It's great to see your ship pictures...brings back great memories!

I am curious as to what kind of water camera you used. The pictures of the turtles and fish are amazing! We vowed after our recent trip...we would invest in a great under water camera!:)

We were on the Serenade on the 9/19. I want to do this route next, so I am really enjoying your review. It's great to see your ship pictures...brings back great memories!

I am curious as to what kind of water camera you used. The pictures of the turtles and fish are amazing! We vowed after our recent trip...we would invest in a great under water camera!:)

I am interested too! I recently broke my under water camera and need to get a new one. My old one never took such great pictures! Please share!

No, those are of 9246, but I do have pix of 9586, and specifically the view. I'll see if I can upload them soon. Can't access them on this computer. The inlaws were in that stateroom. They liked it A LOT. It's a nit picky complaint, but I did not like how our view straight down to the water was obstructed by the life boat deck covering thingy. The hump cabin was much nicer as far as the view, it was exactly the same as far as everything else.

I also have pix of the Royal Suite. I'll make note to upload those as well. We *thought* we had time to wander the ship before disembarkation (a subject for the review, some things on RCI did NOT impress me), so we wandered in there and took photos. Incredible.

Robin

Robin...would love to see the pics of the RS

Thanks

Fantastic photos! I can't wait to read more, especially your review of the cruise itself. I'd love to try this class one of these days... :) Thanks for posting!

I feel the same about your pictures of the castle. You did an outstanding job! Looking forward to the pictures of the ship! Great job with the review so far as well.:D:D:D

I am interested too! I recently broke my under water camera and need to get a new one. My old one never took such great pictures! Please share!

It's a Canon D10. I've had it a year. I do love it, but it does have one problem. We took it on a spring break trip to the Grand Canyon, and on our hike down below the rim, it gave us a lens error. My daughter's Canon did that a couple of years ago, and we ended up having to send it back. My husband knew that if he gently whacked it on his palm, it might respond, and it did. (From his reading when my daughter's had that problem. She was working for Princess Cruise Lines at the time and could not get her camera fixed until her contract was up.) Anyway, it never did it again. Just that one time. UNTIL this cruise. It did it four times! So now it's going back. It's a GREAT camera, and I highly recommend it, but the lens error is a documented problem with this model.

Robin...would love to see the pics of the RS

Thanks

Will post them after this.

Can you also post the pics of 9586, we have that one in January.

Thanks.

Great review so far, looking forward to Serenade

Will also post these.

Thanks for all the encouragement. I haven't had time to do any more of it today, but I will tomorrow!

Robin

I only have three of the Royal Suite:

71749_1645629621168_1249712556_1740148_1046988_n.jpg

68970_1645629461164_1249712556_1740147_3614402_n.jpg

72548_1645629741171_1249712556_1740149_3888354_n.jpg

The stewards were really nice about letting us go in and look at it. It was about 9am on the day of disembarkation, and its occupants had already gone.

Robin

Great review so far, looking forward to more! Love the pics too - we do this itinerary in 4 weeks, this is really getting me excited for our trip! :):):)

Sand in my pants, be sure to post after your return! We leave on Serenade over Christmas! :D Could you keep an eye out for what they have at the different ports for tours? Especially St. Martin, Barbados and St. Lucia. Thanks! (not sure if you hit all of those- but if so....) THANKS!!!! Gabrielle

Archived