Catalina island, dominican republic

• 3 weeks later...
Are you crazy? Where are you stopping? Samana? There is no Catalina island in Samana. Maybe if you gave more ideas on where you are going, what ship you are on and the like, you would get more replies.

no, not crazy. thank you.

our itinery for the miracle cruise on 11/3 says "CATALINA ISLAND, D.R."

no one seems to know anything about it.

i am just repeating what is on the itinery.

no, not crazy. thank you.

our itinery for the miracle cruise on 11/3 says "CATALINA ISLAND, D.R."

no one seems to know anything about it.

i am just repeating what is on the itinery.

I know you're not crazy !!!. LOL... . Hopefully they won't be on our ship. BTW...Catalina Island may be FULL of people due to the Cholera outbreak in Haiti. YIKES... I chose not to go to D.R. because of issues in Haiti, now with the Cholera stuff, some people may back off too, right to Catalina Island. I may be wrong, but just a heads up. I hope they don't change course on us for another island, but time will tell.

I know you're not crazy !!!. LOL... . Hopefully they won't be on our ship. BTW...Catalina Island may be FULL of people due to the Cholera outbreak in Haiti. YIKES... I chose not to go to D.R. because of issues in Haiti, now with the Cholera stuff, some people may back off too, right to Catalina Island. I may be wrong, but just a heads up. I hope they don't change course on us for another island, but time will tell.

hmmm, interesting thought. i know about the situation in haiti, but never gave it a thought. well, i guess you are right, time will tell.

yeah, hopefully not on our ship. geeze, i can read, ya know??? lol

anyway, we'll all have a great time!

audrey

Catalina Island, Dominican Rep - This beautiful tropical island is so uninhabited and clean of pollutants that all traveling is done on foot. Catalina Island, or Isla Catalina, is formed out of coral stone and located 1.5 miles from the mainland on the south-east corner of the Dominican Republic, near La Altagracia and La Romana Province. The seas are rich in wildlife, including tropical marine fish and various species of birds. With large areas where natural sandbars offshore bring the depth to only a few feet, snorkeling, swimming and strolling along the beach add an exciting and enriching experience to your “Fun Ship” visit.

just went to the site, and this is listed as "explore this port". soooo, i was correct, it's an island (duh) off la romana (on the mainland.)

audrey

While we spent the day in LaRomana, I spoke to a crew member, and he 'says' that Catalina may replace LaRomana very soon! I heard from him that Catalina is much more 'condusive to tourism' than Romana was...but is a tender port.

Reviews on LaRomana are trickling in, as we just got back yesterday...

While we spent the day in LaRomana, I spoke to a crew member, and he 'says' that Catalina may replace LaRomana very soon! I heard from him that Catalina is much more 'condusive to tourism' than Romana was...but is a tender port.

Reviews on LaRomana are trickling in, as we just got back yesterday...

thanks, i am looking forward to the island, vs. the main land. tendering doesn't bother me, we have friends that are vip and go with them. soon, we will be too!! :)

audrey

We are headed to La Romana, DR on the 12/5 sailing of the Miracle. It is still showing La Romana as the port. I've been hoping they would change it all along. DH and I plan to stay on the ship that day. I have not read anything good about stopping in the DR. I haven't done any research on Catalina Island, DR so not sure what we would do if it is changed to there.I just checked the carnival site and everything I see is still showing La Romana :(

I just checked my itinerary in March and it still says La Romana. The early reviews of this port gives me the impressionm that the town is a little rough around the edges. Maybe CCL is getting too many complaints and decided to pull the plug.

We are also sailing in December. I guess we will see you on board!

We are headed to La Romana, DR on the 12/5 sailing of the Miracle. It is still showing La Romana as the port. I've been hoping they would change it all along. DH and I plan to stay on the ship that day. I have not read anything good about stopping in the DR. I haven't done any research on Catalina Island, DR so not sure what we would do if it is changed to there.I just checked the carnival site and everything I see is still showing La Romana :(

If you are going a cruise you are proabaly going to La Romana DR like we are on our cruise. There is an excursion for

Catalina Island Beach Break

and also

Speed Boat to Saona Island.

I would love to know if anyone has done either of these two excursions.

My family and I just booked Cataline Island Beach Break!!!!

Was NOT cheap! I SURE hope it is worth it!!!!

We will be there November 22!

My family and I just booked Cataline Island Beach Break!!!!

Was NOT cheap! I SURE hope it is worth it!!!!

We will be there November 22!

we'll tell you whether or not to keep it! i didn't see too many cruises stopping in isla catalina. most go to la romana. i think ours is the first.

that is, if the island is still there after tomas!!! :confused:

keep the faith!

audrey

we'll tell you whether or not to keep it! i didn't see too many cruises stopping in isla catalina. most go to la romana. i think ours is the first.

that is, if the island is still there after tomas!!! :confused:

keep the faith!

audrey

Good luck on your cruise!!!!! Hopefully Tomas will not interrupt your intinerary! Let me know how you like Catalina please! Have a GREAT time! :D

We are sailing on Jan. 6,2011, and our itinerary states we are going to Catalina Island, Docked. All our CCL excursions state that you will take a 45 minute boat ride to the DR mainland. They do not offer any excursions on CI.

Very confusing. As we have been to the DR a few times, we have seen most of the things offered. I am hoping they will post some information about CI soon. I understand Costa docks there and has a beach thingie where they bring food for the passengers and you can enjoy the beach. I am hoping that CL who is parent to Costa will do the same for us. Maybe I am dreaming. Plan B is to stay on the ship and relax.:)

Marie:o

Catalina island is a wonderful cruise port stop. It is a tender port and all there is is a beautiful beach with chairs, umberellas and palm trees, and some snorkelling. There is a small local market and a few vendors selling beer and food. Usually the cruise ship takes all the food and drink over there. It is white sand, clear, clean water, no where really to spend money, very small but enough chairs for everyone. I have also done the Saona Island boat trip from Dominican republic. Saona is a beautiful national park area with pristine beaches and good snorkelling, you will enjoy both.:)

Catalina island is a wonderful cruise port stop. It is a tender port and all there is is a beautiful beach with chairs, umberellas and palm trees, and some snorkelling. There is a small local market and a few vendors selling beer and food. Usually the cruise ship takes all the food and drink over there. It is white sand, clear, clean water, no where really to spend money, very small but enough chairs for everyone. I have also done the Saona Island boat trip from Dominican republic. Saona is a beautiful national park area with pristine beaches and good snorkelling, you will enjoy both.:)

Thanks for info!!!! :D

So happy we booked it! Catalina Island! Thought of Saona Island but the boat ride more of fast boat, did not think that would be good for my elderly in laws!

Are you crazy? Where are you stopping? Samana? There is no Catalina island in Samana. Maybe if you gave more ideas on where you are going, what ship you are on and the like, you would get more replies.

WELL- This is rather RUDE!!!:rolleyes:

Archived