Klm 747

Ms Understood

Does anyone know if KLM has finished retrofitting its 747 with AVOD in economy class? We are flying LAX to VCE via AMS in November. DH and I are in the upper deck biz class but my sister and her BF are in coach which is bad enough but if it still has the overhead TVs it will be a really long flight. Website said this would be taking place "through 2010" so I was wondering if it is completed or if there is any way to find out if our plane has been so updated?

------------------------

Helen

Does anyone know if KLM has finished retrofitting its 747 with AVOD in economy class? We are flying LAX to VCE via AMS in November. DH and I are in the upper deck biz class but my sister and her BF are in coach which is bad enough but if it still has the overhead TVs it will be a really long flight. Website said this would be taking place "through 2010" so I was wondering if it is completed or if there is any way to find out if our plane has been so updated?

------------------------

Helen

Also take into note that KLM have two different types of 747. 747-400 (full passenger), and 747-400Combi (½ cargo, ½ passenger).

http://seatguru.com/airlines/KLM/KLM_Boeing_747-400_full.php

http://seatguru.com/airlines/KLM/KLM_Boeing_747-400_combi.php

The website says they are still busy. During the D-check (stripping the whole aircraft in the hangar) this system is built in. It will probably be the case that some aircraft have been fitted with personal entertainment and other haven't. Since there is no designated aircraft flying one route, there is no way of telling if your aircraft has already been converted.

Archived