Ecstasy quad cabins - do twins combine to king?

scotlady

Hi, looking at cabin e86, e94 or e95 (only midship balconies left).

They all have the two upper berths. My question is if we're not using the upper berths - will the two twins combine into a king? I notice they have a sort of star symbol for when the twins don't combine, but the graphics are so poor on the website, I can't tell if the symbols shown for these cabins have a circle or a star in them!

Has anyone stayed in these and combined the twin beds?

The only symbols on the very clear deck plans on Carnival.com show the two dots of a quad cabin. Yes, the twins can be combined if you are not using the bunks. Do understand that if there are just two of you, they may not allow you to book a quad cabin. EM

As long as the room doesn't have a symbol that states that the twins don't convert to a king, they will convert. (The only exceptions to this are the queen-bed rooms and the 1As, which doesn't even matter for your situation.) Under the symbol legend, it states that for the 2 dots, you have "2 twin beds (convert to King) and 2 uppers". So, they can convert even if you do use the 2 uppers. On this ship, the uppers fold up against the wall, so they will stick out from the wall even when not used (watch your head). Newer ships have the uppers in the ceiling when not used.

But I echo the previous poster in that they may not allow 2 people to book a 4-person room, especially on a ship like Ecstasy that usually sells out. However, we did book 3 into a quad on the Conquest.

Thanks for the replies.

Pretty much the only balcony cabins left on this cruise are the quads and a couple of regular balconies at the far aft.

Currently the quad cabins are showing as available when I put in 2 passengers. Do they stop you at some further point in the booking process?

And if I book, does that mean they could bump us from our cabin if someone with 4 people tries to book? They can't downgrade, correct? But they could move us to an aft balcony if one is still available? We're trying to stay midship and if a midship balcony isn't available we'd prefer to just go with OV.

Thanks for the replies.

Pretty much the only balcony cabins left on this cruise are the quads and a couple of regular balconies at the far aft.

Currently the quad cabins are showing as available when I put in 2 passengers. Do they stop you at some further point in the booking process?

And if I book, does that mean they could bump us from our cabin if someone with 4 people tries to book? They can't downgrade, correct? But they could move us to an aft balcony if one is still available? We're trying to stay midship and if a midship balcony isn't available we'd prefer to just go with OV.

Yes, they can move you. If they downgrade me, they better find some compensation. We have 3 in a quad, so it depends on the sailing if they allow it. More often than not in off season you can book less in a cabin, but of course they can move you. I dont want to be in a rollaway, so I had to get a quad with two uppers. ... but I could be moved.

• 2 years later...
I've booked e94 that says the twins don't convert to a king. My PVP said that it would be no problem to convert them, just ask the cabin steward. Does this sound right?

Sound be no problem. The beds can easily be moved together or not if you are not using the uppers. The uppers may be less accessible and no floor space when uppers are in use, but its possible to move the beds together if thats what you still want.

Archived