"Tween" Upgraded to Deck 6 on Majesty

Hiya!

Quickie question....Honeymooning on Majesty on 12/6. :p After I heard abour a price drop on this booking (thanks to a CC post!:D) I called our RC TA and asked that we be offered a "discount", since the prices had dropped, it's our Honeymoon, etc....:rolleyes: Well, they gave us a $100 OBC, plus moved us from deck 2 to deck 6, no additional charge. :D

What worries me here is what I'm hearing about the position of certain cabins on a "tween" deck and I get the impression that this applies to the deck they've move us to. So did we really get a "deal"? :confused::confused:

Would anyone be able to clarify this for me? Many thanks in advance! Cyndi

Deck 6 is referred to as the tween deck because it's sort of wedged 'tween two decks - it doesn't go all the way from the front to the back of the ship.

Ah, I see. So I need to look my cabin number back up and see what's above and below. Thanks, much appreciated.

As you walk aft from your cabin, you will have to go up half a flight of stairs to deck 7 public areas or down half a flight to deck 5 public areas. It's not a big deal as long as a few steps are not a physical problem for you two.

Ah, I see. So I need to look my cabin number back up and see what's above and below. Thanks, much appreciated.

On deck 5, it is cabins in that part of the ship. Deck 7 however is the promenade deck, so if you are in an oceanview cabin you will be right below the promenade where people walk and jog. If you are in an inside, this won't be an issue.

As you walk aft from your cabin, you will have to go up half a flight of stairs to deck 7 public areas or down half a flight to deck 5 public areas. It's not a big deal as long as a few steps are not a physical problem for you two.

No worries there, Thanks!

On deck 5, it is cabins in that part of the ship. Deck 7 however is the promenade deck, so if you are in an oceanview cabin you will be right below the promenade where people walk and jog. If you are in an inside, this won't be an issue.

Hmmmm....yes, we are in an Oceanview cabin, part of what my honey wanted....So, I wonder, should I call them back and see about going down a deck to 5 or keep heading up?

You'll love this story and it might sound familiar.

When we originally looked at a second sailing, it was on another line Inside @ $169. Well DH2B is loyal to RC and said, well what do they have???? So, I looked and Majesty was close in MIA the day after we get off Allure and the itnerary was great.

We looked at going for the inside @ $239, due to price. Well...my honey asked if we could have a "room with a view", so I enquired about that. For just a mere $80 extra, we could have a port-hole, obstructed view, of course. I said, obstructed....pray tell, obstructed by what exactly? A lifeboat, was the answer. Uh huh. Well, why would I pay you extra money for a winow I can see out of, kind defeats the purpose, don't you think? And in addition, if I can see out the window, that means the lifeboat is gone, and quite frankly, that's not a ship I want to be on at that moment in time. So, how much is an un-obstructed view? An additional $20. Good night, Nurse! Fine, I'll have it.

So now, maybe y'all can see why we were really happy for the OBC and move upwards.

So, I gotta ask, if you were me, what would y'all do?

Hmmmm....yes, we are in an Oceanview cabin, part of what my honey wanted....So, I wonder, should I call them back and see about going down a deck to 5 or keep heading up?

You'll love this story and it might sound familiar.

When we originally looked at a second sailing, it was on another line Inside @ $169. Well DH2B is loyal to RC and said, well what do they have???? So, I looked and Majesty was close in MIA the day after we get off Allure and the itnerary was great.

We looked at going for the inside @ $239, due to price. Well...my honey asked if we could have a "room with a view", so I enquired about that. For just a mere $80 extra, we could have a port-hole, obstructed view, of course. I said, obstructed....pray tell, obstructed by what exactly? A lifeboat, was the answer. Uh huh. Well, why would I pay you extra money for a winow I can see out of, kind defeats the purpose, don't you think? And in addition, if I can see out the window, that means the lifeboat is gone, and quite frankly, that's not a ship I want to be on at that moment in time. So, how much is an un-obstructed view? An additional $20. Good night, Nurse! Fine, I'll have it.

So now, maybe y'all can see why we were really happy for the OBC and move upwards.

So, I gotta ask, if you were me, what would y'all do?

Here is what I say:

I will be boarding the day you get off. Don't wreck the ship!

No, just kidding.

I say that there is a Texas residency rate of $259 on the Deck 9 Superior Ocean View cabins. Bigger room: 157 square feet. Room for a small sofa. TAKE IT AND DON'T LOOK BACK!

Here is what I say:

I will be boarding the day you get off. Don't wreck the ship!

No, just kidding.

I say that there is a Texas residency rate of $259 on the Deck 9 Superior Ocean View cabins. Bigger room: 157 square feet. Room for a small sofa. TAKE IT AND DON'T LOOK BACK!

DONE! Give that woman a drink with an umbrella in it!!!! DING DING DING! My DH2B just called and said, "Baby, from what I read, let's upgrade, It's on $40." SOLD! I'll try not to tear it up before you get there! LOL! Thanks for the advise! Just like the Jefferson's, "We're moving on up!" Room 9080 and a table for 2 @ din din! WHOHOO!!!!!YEEHAW!

DONE! Give that woman a drink with an umbrella in it!!!! DING DING DING! My DH2B just called and said, "Baby, from what I read, let's upgrade, It's on $40." SOLD! I'll try not to tear it up before you get there! LOL! Thanks for the advise! Just like the Jefferson's, "We're moving on up!" Room 9080 and a table for 2 @ din din! WHOHOO!!!!!YEEHAW!

Woo-hoo!!! You might have to marry that one.;) He sounds like a keeper!:p

Woo-hoo!!! You might have to marry that one.;) He sounds like a keeper!:p

Welp - that was my plan ! Getting hitched on the Allure on second day - on the balcony of our 'Aqua Theater' suite - stepping down the calm serenity of a smaller venue on the Majesty for our official alone time Honeymoon - - - oh yeah - thanks for the suggestion - i's gonna marry him !

Archived