First time visiting Puerto Rico, I Need Help....

aprill121

I will be visiting PR for the first time in Sept. 2011. There are a few things I have some questions about....

We are flying in a day before the cruise and I would like to find a decent reasonably priced hotel for the night, preferably close to the pier?

My boyfriend is a foodie so any advice on restaurants would also be greatly appreciated.

Does any one know who I can contact about the Bioluminescent tour?

We are sailing on the victory, we leave San Juan at 10pm, what time can we board the ship?

Thanks in advance for all your help......

The Carnival Victory sails from a pier in Old San Juan. The Sheraton Old San Juan is within walking distance to the ship.

Foodie restaurants to try:

Budatai, in Condado - executive chef is Robert Trevino, who competed on The Next Iron Chef season two (the one won by Jose Garces).

Pikayo, also in Condado - executive chef is Wilo Benet, who has appeared on Top Chef as a judge.

Lemon Grass, at the Caribe Hilton - executive chef is Mario Pagan, who is appearing on the currently airing Next Iron Chef competition.

• 2 weeks later...

I second Da House. We loved our stay there. Now granted there is a salsa bar on ground level but foam earplugs worked wonders for that seeing as we didn't join the fun. Good video overview: http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid39362881001?bclid=39317908001&bctid=73210309001

Great hotel location. There is a free trolley in Old San Juan (OSJ) too. Just hop on and explore. We spent two nights pre-cruise in OSJ and had a blast. We also hopped the 50 cent ferry to go tour the Bacardi Factory which is of course right by the pier where you debark. Walking around OSJ is very easy and we walked to the pier with our suitcases.

La Bombonera is a great "local" place to eat. Did I say great?? Yummy, you have to try the mallorcas. Add a cup of their coffee or fresh squeezed orange juice ( you ought to see the mountain of oranges) and you're in heaven. If your foodie passion is to try authentic local cuisine, then this simple yet classic hang out is the place to go!!! Google it and you'll see more!!

We were happy with these folks http://www.kayakingpuertorico.com/ for the biobay. No charge to phone them with most cell phones or 'magic jack', etc.

It is a long and expensive taxi ride to Farhardo Biobay, so ask them about their pick-up service -- much less expensive. Check the moon conditions when you talk with them to make certain it will be dark enough to enjoy the experience.

Archived