Intercontinental Miami - what size bed in standard room?

kittenaround

I've just booked the Intercontinental Miami for January 22, 2011 on LMT for $167 + taxes. I chose the room for 2 people and 1 bed. When I got my confirmation, it indicates room type:standard and bed type: double bed.

One double bed in a 5 star hotel room doesn't make sense to me. I'm thinking this is just an LMT term and the bed must be a king or at least a queen but the hotel's website does not indicate what type or how many beds are in the standard room.

Can someone who has stayed at this hotel confirm what size bed is in a standard one bed room?

Thanks so much.

I booked the same way that you did a few months ago....for this coming week...and my confirmation said the same as you are saying. I called and asked for a king size bed at that time....they first told me that they did not have my reservation on file and i would have to call back closer to the time of my arrival which i did and they told me it would not be a problem to get a king size bed. And at that time they just gave me a new confirmation #. Am leaving wednesday for Miami!! Can't wait!! :D

I've just booked the Intercontinental Miami for January 22, 2011 on LMT for $167 + taxes. I chose the room for 2 people and 1 bed. When I got my confirmation, it indicates room type:standard and bed type: double bed.

One double bed in a 5 star hotel room doesn't make sense to me. I'm thinking this is just an LMT term and the bed must be a king or at least a queen but the hotel's website does not indicate what type or how many beds are in the standard room.

Can someone who has stayed at this hotel confirm what size bed is in a standard one bed room?

Thanks so much.

Except for Manhattan, South Beach and some other urban areas, one bed in the room always means a king.

Cuizer2:

That sure looks like a pretty basic room. Their rack rate for my dates is $340 on their web site and about $170 via LMT. Looks like a 3 star room at any La Quinta or other budget hotel.

The bathrooms are very nice. So is the hotel. It is at least 3 1/2 stars.

Thanks so much.

This was the same on my reservation, so i called up the hotel directly, and they said I had a King bed. They also said that one bed in a room for two, are all king beds. Why don't you just call the hotel directly, the hotel's ph number is on the Lastminute Confirmation letter, that way you will feel better knowing exactly what you have.

Cuizer2:

That sure looks like a pretty basic room. Their rack rate for my dates is $340 on their web site and about $170 via LMT. Looks like a 3 star room at any La Quinta or other budget hotel.

I don't think the picture (especially the older one) does the hotel justice. Trust me, you will like the hotel.

BTW, we've stayed at this hotel numerous times. When requesting two beds, they are two full size beds and when requesting one bed, it's always been a king size bed.

The bathrooms are wonderful and the spa is to die for!

Jo-Ann

Archived