Question on Verandah Stateroom for Eurodam

DRWhit

I have always thought that the higher you go and the more middle you go, the more expensive the stateroom. But I was looking at the Eurodam deck plan and noticed that the VC and VD staterooms cost more than the VE staterooms, even though the VE is higher up (or same height) and more central.

Since people on this board know all things HAL, I thought I would ask why this is? :confused:

I would think it has to do with the placement of those particular verandah cabins over the lifeboats. The lifeboats stick out from the side of the ship meaning you cannot look straight down and see water, but you can obviously still look out and see plenty. This is just an assumption on my part, someone else can clarify. We had VC5180 (from VH GTY) last year for 2wks and it was a great location and a very comfortable cabin. It was an 'accessible cabin' so had shower only and I actually really enjoyed it (though I am still not sure how a couple of able bodied 25yr olds ended up with an accessible cabin). The Eurodam is great!

Archived