Value of cabin upgrade

Zimmy

I need some advice from the experienced Seabourn cruisers. We are booked for a cruise on the Sojourn this December in a V1 balcony suite. Seabourn has asked whether we would like to upgrade to a V5 or V6 for about half of what the published cost variance would be. I understand that the suites are identical in size, and I do know that the balcony railing on the V6 would be all glass rather than half glass in the V1. We don't mind spending the extra money if we're really getting something worthwhile for it, but knowing nothing about this ship I don't know whether that would be the case. For instance, on Seadream Yacht Club I do not think it would not be worth it at all. On Silversea it might. Can any of you who are familiar with the Odyssey/Sojourn advise me as to what the pros/cons of this might be?

Because of the modular design of suites on Seabourn, the higher categories are all about location, location, location. Hence, if you upgrade, you will be berthed on a higher deck with a better view if that is important to you. The V5s are on Deck 6 while the V6s are on Decks 7 & 8. If you would like being on the same Deck as the forward Jacuzzi and the Grand Salon (main showroom) then a V5 may be right for you. If you would like to be on the same Deck as Seabourn Square, then a Deck 7 V6 would be worth considering. If you would like to be on the same Deck as the pool and deck lounging area, Restaurant 2 and The Colonnade, then a Deck 8 V6 would be your best bet.

Last year on my Odyssey cruise, I was upgraded to a V6 and loved being on the same deck as Seabourn Square! For the Quest in 2011, I have booked a V2 further aft than your current V1 for same deck access to a less crowded deck walking experience, the aft splash pool and Jacuzzi and, of course, The Club. I recommend looking over the Deck plans and see what works best for you.

Archived