Is it too late?

4myboyz

We cruise in Feb 2011. I have paid in full for our trip. When I did I denied the insurance thinking ah we dont need it. As I read these boards I am starting to think maybe I was wrong! I called the online co we bought through and they said its too late to buy their insurance. Are there others out there? Is it too late :confused:

There are plenty of 3rd-party policies out there you can purchase. You will probably miss out on some benefits, like a waier of pre-existing conditions or financial default protection, but you can get coverage.

insuremytrip.com is one outfit plenty here have used. I personally buy TravelGuard every time, and have been pleased.

SirWired

Not sure what line you are cruising on but with Carnival you can purchase their insurance up to two weeks prior to sailing. Most of the third party insurers I looked at wouldn't let me purchase since the it was later than the 15 day time frame they allow.

Not sure what line you are cruising on but with Carnival you can purchase their insurance up to two weeks prior to sailing. Most of the third party insurers I looked at wouldn't let me purchase since the it was later than the 15 day time frame they allow.

What 3rd-party insurers were you looking at? Many have a 15-day period to receive a pre-ex waiver or default coverage, but I don't know of many (any?) that will refuse to sell a policy outside of that period.

You can purchase a policy up until the day before the cruise begins, but won't provide for pre existing conditions and if the cruise line goes bankrupt but it will cover everything else.

A good source for reseach is the web site insuremytrip.com

Keith

Archived