hampton inn-mystery hotel

maryevelyn

You don't mention which Hampon Inn but I have stayed at scores of them...even staying at one tomorrow...have never had a bad experience.

They are not top of the line or full service but are of the Hilton chain of hotels....They are nice, clean hotels..good rooms...free breakfast in the AM...

Staying at the Hampton Inn on Stirling this coming Friday and again on the 23rd! I booked through bookitdotcom over a month ago so, I called the hotel last night to make sure they had my reservations etc. The guy on the other end was very kind and even offered me the type of room I wanted!

Good Luck!

We also booked it on bookit.com and for $73 a night including taxes you can not beat it. We are using in for a pre-cruise stay for 2 nights and it includes breakfast, transfers from the airport to hotel and also transfers from the hotel to ship. I think it is a great deal for what we need.

I too also called the hotel to verify the reservation and lucky I did because they did not have it on file so I called the Bookit customer care # and while I was on hold he verified a mistake was made at their end and all is ok. Just to be sure I waited a few days and called the Hampton Inn and they verified my reservation.

Hampton Inn on Stirling... I have reservations because everyone is getting it for so cheap on bookit. You can't help but wonder--where is the catch?

Maybe there's no real catch -- it could be that it's not getting as much business as they'd like because of the location. Not that it's in a bad neighborhood -- just not really close to any touristy attractions (which I found out courtesy of the helpful people here). Or people might be passing it by in favor of some of the newer hotels.

Rayefan, could you perhaps give us a short review of the hotel after you return? I know I'd be really interested to hear your impressions.

Yes, I will even jump online Friday evening and send out a quick little post after checking in!

Boy, am I ever close to sailing! :-)

Rayefan if you are flying into FLL can you let us know whether you can call the hotel from the airport to access the shuttle.

Rayefan if you are flying into FLL can you let us know whether you can call the hotel from the airport to access the shuttle.

Although I haven't stayed at this one yet - all other hotels we have used with airport shuttles have phones near the luggage carousel which you use to let the hotel know you are waiting for pick-up. Then they usually tell you to go outside and they give you a location for the shuttle stop.

If the reviews of the hotel are correct, and, if this Hampton Inn is true to course of most Hampton Inns, I would hope and think that there is nothing to be worried about.

Most have said the rooms are clean, the beds very comfortable, plus free breakfast and shuttle. Those comments made us choose the Hampton under the Mystery Hotel choice.

As long as the room and bathroom are clean and beds fairly comfortable, my wife and I feel we will be just fine.

Normally we stay at Embassy Suites or The Hilton Marina, however, we are going on a 13-night repositioning cruise, then 4-additional nights after that in Rome Italy. We felt that since our actual cruise and stay in Italy was so special and not that cheap in price, we would bypass paying a high room rate at the hotels closer to the port and also skip those nice pool bars in exchange for the cheaper Hampton. We will just take our time eating at TGI Friday's, or one of the other restaurants near the hotel, then get some sleep and off we go.

I will also wait to hear back just to make sure Rayefan says the rooms and hotel are OK. If not, we will pay the $19.95 cancellation fee and re-book elsewhere, even though rooms are hard to come by from April 30th through May 5th, because of two different events going on.

If the reviews of the hotel are correct, and, if this Hampton Inn is true to course of most Hampton Inns, I would hope and think that there is nothing to be worried about.

Most have said the rooms are clean, the beds very comfortable, plus free breakfast and shuttle. Those comments made us choose the Hampton under the Mystery Hotel choice.

As long as the room and bathroom are clean and beds fairly comfortable, my wife and I feel we will be just fine.

Normally we stay at Embassy Suites or The Hilton Marina, however, we are going on a 13-night repositioning cruise, then 4-additional nights after that in Rome Italy. We felt that since our actual cruise and stay in Italy was so special and not that cheap in price, we would bypass paying a high room rate at the hotels closer to the port and also skip those nice pool bars in exchange for the cheaper Hampton. We will just take our time eating at TGI Friday's, or one of the other restaurants near the hotel, then get some sleep and off we go.

I will also wait to hear back just to make sure Rayefan says the rooms and hotel are OK. If not, we will pay the $19.95 cancellation fee and re-book elsewhere, even though rooms are hard to come by from April 30th through May 5th, because of two different events going on.

Here's a news flash, the best hotels in Fort Lauderdale aren't the priciest, certainly aren't on 17th Street, and you can get a fantastic meal without having to settle for an underwhelming chain.

I understand you are spending money on the other side of this trip but you can go to www.Sunny.org and book a Small Superior Lodging hotel and probably the same price and be in a much better location.

Look at hotels in Hollywood Beach and Lauderdale-By-The-Sea also.

Hello Blue Herons....Thanks for the advice and help. I will check out the sites you listed. I haven't booked our hotel for out post night stay yet. And, if others who are staying at Hampton on Stirling Road this weekend report back that it was unsatisfactory, I will cancel our room and maybe stay where you suggested for both pre and post stay.

Dave

I did call the hotel on Saturday and asked just this question. The gentleman said that once I have collected my luggage to call them and then go outside and they would be there within minutes. :-)

We called the Hampton a week or two ago to confirm our reservation from Bookit. We asked about the shuttle to the port and the man said to call a week before the cruise as the schedule changes......(why?) So we called today and the female who answered couldn't tell us what time the shuttles would be running Sunday and that we'd find out when we got here.

We called the Hampton a week or two ago to confirm our reservation from Bookit. We asked about the shuttle to the port and the man said to call a week before the cruise as the schedule changes......(why?) So we called today and the female who answered couldn't tell us what time the shuttles would be running Sunday and that we'd find out when we got here.

Because the cruise schedules change every day. You have a fraction of the ships going in and out on a weekday off season than you do on a Saturday or Sunday in peak season.

That may be; however, since he told use to call back a week beforehand and we called even closer than that, he should know what time his shuttle will be leaving this Sunday. We're not asking for a time a month in advance even though hotels in the past have been able to tell us that far ahead.

I just booked this on bookit, after reading Trip Advisor reviews. Will look forward to hearing back from those of you who are staying there. When I booked it only said "complimentary area shuttle" Did any of yours specifically say shuttle to the port?

Well, we are here! The shuttle service from the airport was a breeze. It is actually too early for us to check in but, we are sitting here in the lobby. Everyone I have talked with has been very nice! It is only 11 am and once we are checked in and assigned to a room we will THEN be able to sign up for the shuttle to pier! More later on the room we have been assigned.

Barb

I just booked this on bookit, after reading Trip Advisor reviews. Will look forward to hearing back from those of you who are staying there. When I booked it only said "complimentary area shuttle" Did any of yours specifically say shuttle to the port?

That's what it says on bookit, but if you go to the hotel's website it specifically mentions airport and cruiseport (and nothing else about "area").

That's what it says on bookit, but if you go to the hotel's website it specifically mentions airport and cruiseport (and nothing else about "area").

Aha! Thats it. I see where also it mentions under hotel website there is a managers reception Sun-Thurs, we'll be there on a Thursday and Friday, so should be able to go to reception on Thurs. Free drinks is always good.:)

Archived