Captains club status

erms

Didn't know about the extra cruise credit - thanks for the info..:)

I still say something is wrong with this and predict...that soon it will be based on days not cruises..Getting too many folks reaching higher levels too quickly...but JMO...

Have happy cruisin'! :)

I would think that Celebrity's Elite level is the easiest and quickest highest level to reach of any cruise line program. In the past it probably was not much of a problem because the benefits were very weak, but the improved benefits are very competitive. I would think that more people get the Elite status for their RCCL status then their Celebrity cruises, but I have not data to confirm.

I enjoyed the benefits on my recent cruises and plan to enjoy them on my future cruises.

I would think that Celebrity's Elite level is the easiest and quickest highest level to reach of any cruise line program. In the past it probably was not much of a problem because the benefits were very weak, but the improved benefits are very competitive. I would think that more people get the Elite status for their RCCL status then their Celebrity cruises, but I have not data to confirm.

I enjoyed the benefits on my recent cruises and plan to enjoy them on my future cruises.[/QUOT

folks continuing to be promised those benefits and then the CL taking them away when Elites became too numerous and overwhelm the facilities..as RCL did with the D pax..(Select on Celebrity I believe). They became so numerous they were banned from the Concierge Lounge which now only admits suite pax & D+ (Elite) pax and I predict that its only a matter of time before the D+s will be banned also....

Cld happen on Celebrity ships also if or when they get too many Elite pax..Ms Club can only hold so many pax for a Happy Hour & then what?? Can't make Ms Club bigger but can ban pax...

Likely wld provide another room like RCL did & thats where Elites cld find themselves having the HH leaving the Ms Club for perhaps Select? & suite pax..Celebrity is the worst CL for suite benefits anyway..compared to other mid-range CLs & esp their parent RCL..They have great suite benefits...

I hope for folks like yourself though I am wrong and please do enjoy those benefits :)

Happy cruisin'!

Cruisecrasy, friends of ours, who just became Elite members, told me that the happy hour on their most recent Summit cruise last month had to be moved from Michael's Club up to Revelations because there were too many people in the same class. I expect more tweaking as the Elite membership continues to grow, just due to sheer volume.

I only wish that those of us who are part of the original Captain's Club (we also hold Founding members status) would get some additional special benefits since we have been with Celebrity since its inception. This was when you had to pay $35 per couple to join the Captain's Club and long before RCI's takeover of Celebrity. Back then, you weren't automatically a member once you sailed. You had to pay to join. The only cruise line I know from back in the 90's that automatically enrolled you in their loyalty program was Princess with their Captain's Circle.

Anita

I'll confirm the above.

While Micheal's Club is often used as the designated Elite Captain's Club Lounge this isn't always the case. On 2 out of the 3 times we've sailed with this benefit the evening event has been held in one of the much larger nightclub type lounges (Crystal Room room on the Century and the Sky Lounte on the Equinox). Since there is no dedicated room on the ship for the the event it can be held in a location appropriate for the number of Elite Captain's Club guests on board.

folks continuing to be promised those benefits and then the CL taking them away when Elites became too numerous and overwhelm the facilities..as RCL did with the D pax..(Select on Celebrity I believe). They became so numerous they were banned from the Concierge Lounge which now only admits suite pax & D+ (Elite) pax and I predict that its only a matter of time before the D+s will be banned also....

Elite status only gives you Diamond status with RCCL. (Select is Platinum) You only earn D+ after accumulating the appropriate number of cruise credits (24) with RCCL. While those of us with Elite/Diamond status aren't able to access the Concierge Lounge, there's still the Exclusive Nightly Diamond and Diamond Plus Event. During our last cruise, this was held in the Diamond Lounge (Freedom Class) which we thoroughly enjoyed.

Archived