Baths question

celticlady

The Baths are a series of water eroded huge rock formations which have caves and grottoes that you "hike" through - you'll end up at a deserted beach area. It's fun and can be somewhat challenging if the water currents are strong when you're there - they were when we visited. You can't wear flip flops when doing this - either barefoot or water shoes since the rocks can be very slippery.

It's a unique experience not to be found anywhere else.

They really are unique and they were an experience I really enjoyed.

I thought the hike through the boulders would be difficult -- i can't remember what the rating was for activity but it might have been 3 out of 3. I think if you're reasonably mobile and steady on your feet, it is no problem.

We visited the Baths in Tortola a few years back. It was a little obstacle course to get there but it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. The other poster was right. The water gets a bit rough and then calms down. A very unique experience. I have some beautiful photos. I wish I knew how to post them on here.

Tigers2425

Lori

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who did this excursion with Carnival, did you need your passport?

The website says yes but the person @ the excursion desk at Carnival said no. :confused: It is a little confusing. My hubby & I have ours but our son doesn't have his yet. We're planning on getting him one but I was just curious.

For those of you who did this excursion with Carnival, did you need your passport?

The website says yes but the person @ the excursion desk at Carnival said no. :confused: It is a little confusing. My hubby & I have ours but our son doesn't have his yet. We're planning on getting him one but I was just curious.

Every excursion (and private charter) that goes from the USVI to the BVI and back requires passports. I'm not sure why the Carnival employee didn't know that. It would be different if you were docked at Tortola. Bring your passports with you just in case.

We really enjoyed our day at the baths. We went over from tortola on tortola charters and had a blast. If you go make sure you bring your snorkel gear, the water is the clearest I have ever snorkeled in. Here are a couple of picts. from our trip.

IMG_5376.jpg

IMG_5381.jpg

IMG_5400.jpg

IMG_5358.jpg

IMG_5420.jpg

Archived