Lisieux from Le Havre

Lisou

Bonjour,

I am looking into a cruise that has a stop in Le Havre for next year. I was wondering if anyone has gone to Lisieux from Le Havre? If so then did you rent a car or hire a private guide?

I`ve been to Paris three times already so would like to explore the Normandie area of France and I have a devotion to Ste Thérèse de Lisieux so thought we could do a little pilgrimage while were in that area.

Merci!

Bonjour,

I am looking into a cruise that has a stop in Le Havre for next year. I was wondering if anyone has gone to Lisieux from Le Havre? If so then did you rent a car or hire a private guide?

I`ve been to Paris three times already so would like to explore the Normandie area of France and I have a devotion to Ste Thérèse de Lisieux so thought we could do a little pilgrimage while were in that area.

Merci!

Renting a car is probably your best bet and not really hard to do (unless you are in LeHavre on a Sunday). You will have about an hour's drive so easy time wise with time to stop in Honfleur on your way back (I would think Bayeux or Caen would take a little more time than would be comfortable)

Bonjour,

Merci!

Salut,

Easy enough by rented car, though as Moyaroo's post sundays are problematic with rental agencies in France.

Apart from the basilica and the cathedral, Lisieux itself is a rather bland town - like Caen, it was destroyed in WW2 & the re-build isn't particularly interesting or attractive.

I'd be inclined to stretch a little & add the attractive town/castle of Falaise, or even Bayeux, before returning along the coast via Deauville/Trouville & Honfleur. Honfleur (popular with lazy-day cruisers into Le Havre) is under 30 mins from your ship, so you can enjoy unspent safety-margin time here.

a la prochaine

Jean Taureau

Archived