Need help/opinion on Legend Cruise

krazykevy

Hi all!

I am currently planning my family's second cruise on Carnival. This is the first cruise that I will be taking my son on and am trying to make it as perfect for him as possible. My wife and I cruised on the Pride last year and enjoyed ourselves greatly. We booked a premium balcony room and fell in love with the balcony! We have now decided on the Legend out of Tampa for next August...but here is where I need some help...PLEASE!!! The premium balcony, ocean suite, and vista suite are available. They are priced at: $2200, $2830, and $3040 respectively. The cruise only has 2 sea days so I don't know if it is worth the extra $ for the vista suite, however, my wife and I loved our balcony on the Pride. Does anyone know if the balcony on the ocean suite is significantly bigger then the premium balcony room? Also, anyone have any opionions on the 3 choices? I am willing to listen to any and all feedback. Everyone on this board was fantastic when I put together our first cruise so I am hoping to get some great info from all of the wonderful people on CC. Thanks so much!!!

Kevin

P.S. The rooms available are: 7301 for the premium balcony, 6181, 6203, etc. for the ocean suite, and 7298 for the vista suite.

We cruised in an OS on Carnival Legend in April 2009 (8266) with my MIL and FIL in the aft-wrap (8268) immediatly behind us. Great cabins and we really enjoyed the extra balcony space, particularly with the divider open between the two.

We enjoyed the cabins, ship and ports so much in fact that we are repeating the experience in April 2011. Almost the same exact cabins, but this time on the Starboard side instead of Port. (8271 and 8273).

Don't underestimate the value of the balcony on port days either. It's a great place to watch the ship approach and dock (or anchor) at each port, and I get a lot of enjoyment out of my balcony in the evenings.

Whatever you choose, have a great time. Legend is a wonderful ship!!

We got cabin 6207 as an "upsell" on our last Legend cruise. We got the call one week before the cruise. We upgraded from an 8C to the OS for $600 total. For that price, I think it was totally worth it. The balcony is about 3 times as big as a regular balcony. It had 2 loungers, 2 chairs and 2 small tables. We spent both sea days just lounging out there.

The closet space is great. There is a separate dressing room with an extra sink.

I tend to be a little frugal with my cabins. I loved the OS, but think it is a little to pricey for us at regular rate.

Thank you so much for the quick feedback so far! I appreciate it. I think I am leaning towards the OS due to the fact that there will be 3 of us in the cabin (and my son is 14), so having the extra space in the cabin will be helpful. I am going to try and find as many pictures as I can of the OS and VS to see if it is worth the extra $200. As long as the cabin space is about the same in both that might seal the deal...any other opinions are welcomed!

Kevin

We are booked on 6232 (extended balcony)... and I mean extended!! You can do a search on this site and find pictures - but it is about 3x as long as a regular balcony. There are similar rooms on different floors (we have a quad booked for that room)... but, many here will tell you how nice that extra space on the balcony is! The room is regular size though - so if you like the bigger room, stick to your plan. But for the $$, the room is great!

You'll love the Legend, especially if you liked the Pride. I'm sailing her for a 3rd time next month. Wish it had a 3rd sea day..as I just love relaxing, but you should have fun.

Can't really help on the cabins as we have always booked 7A, but the OS does sound nice with a 3rd person in the cabin.

My opinion...and just that, an opinion ;)

If money is not a huge deal, I'd consider a VS. We just left the Legend, had aft wrap 4237, and loved it.

We were on that balcony every day, not just port days. Having such a large balcony makes it easy to lay out in *private* ;) and not have to worry about the noise on the Lido deck. Watching the wake, the stars at night. You back into Roatan, so that was a pretty cool experience. Wonderful.

Another point-your son is 14-privacy would be nice, no? For both of you LOL. The lower deck VS rooms are actually 2 rooms, with doors separating them, you could each have a private space.

Loved the vista suite, would stay in one again in a heartbeat.

We splurged for an OS on Miracle (also Spirit class) in May because we had our 17 year old DD with us. Was very nice having the extra room, plus the separate dressing area. The balcony was huge (though not as nice as the aft wrap, of course). We had 2 lounges, 2 chairs and a table out there.

We did go to our friends aft wrap and it was very nice...great to have a separate bedroom!

Can't justify the price of one for the Legend coming up, so we got the next best thing...7258, which is a regular cabin but has a very long balcony (as it is next to a storage room);) At least it will only be the 2 of us this time.:)

The Legend is a great ship and the ports are wonderful...lots to choose from!

Hi all!

I am currently planning my family's second cruise on Carnival. This is the first cruise that I will be taking my son on and am trying to make it as perfect for him as possible. My wife and I cruised on the Pride last year and enjoyed ourselves greatly. We booked a premium balcony room and fell in love with the balcony! We have now decided on the Legend out of Tampa for next August...but here is where I need some help...PLEASE!!! The premium balcony, ocean suite, and vista suite are available. They are priced at: $2200, $2830, and $3040 respectively. The cruise only has 2 sea days so I don't know if it is worth the extra $ for the vista suite, however, my wife and I loved our balcony on the Pride. Does anyone know if the balcony on the ocean suite is significantly bigger then the premium balcony room? Also, anyone have any opionions on the 3 choices? I am willing to listen to any and all feedback. Everyone on this board was fantastic when I put together our first cruise so I am hoping to get some great info from all of the wonderful people on CC. Thanks so much!!!

Kevin

P.S. The rooms available are: 7301 for the premium balcony, 6181, 6203, etc. for the ocean suite, and 7298 for the vista suite.

Here is some cabin size information. The first number is the cabin square footage, the second is the balcony.

Cabin 7298 245/220 sq ft

Cabin 7301 230/85 sq ft

Cabin 6181 275/85 sq ft

I hope that this helps

Archived