NH Amsterdam Hotel in Amsterdam

k513d

Has anyone stayed at the NH Amsterdam Center hotel in Amsterdam? We are staying there after our Castles Along the Rhine cruise and wondered if it was a good location, nice amenities, restaurants, service, etc.? Thanks for any information you can give us....:)

The four-star NH Amsterdam Centre is conveniently located at lively Leidse Square within walking distance of Vondelpark, Heineken Brewery, and the world famous Rijksmuseum featuring a slew of Dutch masterpieces, including Rembrandt's The Night Watch. The Museumsquare, home to several museums including the Van Gogh Museum, is just a ten-minute walk away.

We stayed at a hotel nearby. You will be right near the canal boat pickup, and we bought a hop on hop off pass.We had a great dinner at Rancho VI Korte Leisedwarsstraat 71-73

We stayed there before our Avalon Imagery cruise. Good breakfast if it is included in the price of your room. Take your own wash cloth!!! There is a computer on the way to the elevators. The desk staff will give you codes to get on for free. Wonderful, central location. We purchased an "I Amsterdam" card for two days and it was worth the price. Used the trolley system many times and it gets you in to a lot of the museums. It was great! Beware the bicycle lanes!!! :eek:

We stayed there before our Avalon Imagery cruise. Good breakfast if it is included in the price of your room. Take your own wash cloth!!! There is a computer on the way to the elevators. The desk staff will give you codes to get on for free. Wonderful, central location. We purchased an "I Amsterdam" card for two days and it was worth the price. Used the trolley system many times and it gets you in to a lot of the museums. It was great! Beware the bicycle lanes!!! :eek:

Thank you so much for all the great info... Breakfast is included with our stay... Why do we need our own washcloths? We are really looking forward to our first trip to Europe....

Thank you so much for all the great info... Breakfast is included with our stay... Why do we need our own washcloths? We are really looking forward to our first trip to Europe....

is not found in many European hotels - even the upscale ones. Don't know why! Maybe a CCer from Europe can tell us the reason or what they use instead.

Good restaurant, although teeny-tiny, is Kop van Jut in the Leidseplein area. You can look the address up on tripadvisor.com.

Once again - do watch out for the bicycles!!! You'll quickly see what I mean!

is not found in many European hotels - even the upscale ones. Don't know why! Maybe a CCer from Europe can tell us the reason or what they use instead.

Good restaurant, although teeny-tiny, is Kop van Jut in the Leidseplein area. You can look the address up on tripadvisor.com.

We stayed there for 3 days at the end of our Rhine cruise. Great hotel, clean and modern. Nice park a couple of blocks to the right of the main door. Great fun to watch the people with their dogs and the carriers they put them in. If you go to your left out the front door and down the to 1st corner and turn left again, there is a great Irish Pub that serves excellent food for a reasonable price. Also it is about a 25 minute walk to the "Anne Frank" museum if you are going there. You can order your tickets and specific time to go in to the museum, on-line and then you don't have to stand in the main line and wait. Probably this time of year will not be as busy though. Wonderful museum and well worth seeing if you know about Anne Frank's story. I was so glad we went and we did see the tree before the tree fell down this year. You should definitely make a point of visiting. Also the "Museum in the Attic" is a really neat place to see also. It is near downtown if I remember correctly. Have a wonderful time. Amsterdam is an amazing city and we want to go back to spend more time...3 days just flew by.

Has anyone stayed at the NH Amsterdam Center hotel in Amsterdam? We are staying there after our Castles Along the Rhine cruise and wondered if it was a good location, nice amenities, restaurants, service, etc.? Thanks for any information you can give us....:)

We stayed there in August...Wonderful hotel, great location and fantastic price...thru Priceline

Good luck and enjoy

We stayed there for 3 days at the end of our Rhine cruise. Great hotel, clean and modern. Nice park a couple of blocks to the right of the main door. Great fun to watch the people with their dogs and the carriers they put them in. If you go to your left out the front door and down the to 1st corner and turn left again, there is a great Irish Pub that serves excellent food for a reasonable price. Also it is about a 25 minute walk to the "Anne Frank" museum if you are going there. You can order your tickets and specific time to go in to the museum, on-line and then you don't have to stand in the main line and wait. Probably this time of year will not be as busy though. Wonderful museum and well worth seeing if you know about Anne Frank's story. I was so glad we went and we did see the tree before the tree fell down this year. You should definitely make a point of visiting. Also the "Museum in the Attic" is a really neat place to see also. It is near downtown if I remember correctly. Have a wonderful time. Amsterdam is an amazing city and we want to go back to spend more time...3 days just flew by.

Thank you for all the info... I am so looking forward to seeing "Anne Frank Museum".... We will do our tickets online as you suggested... The park you mentioned sounds nice too.... thanks again. :)

That is so funny about the washcloths! We will take some of our own with us. Maybe Europeons don't use them... go figure!

We will be watching out for those bicycles too!!

Thanks again.....:)

Thank you for all the info... I am so looking forward to seeing "Anne Frank Museum".... We will do our tickets online as you suggested... The park you mentioned sounds nice too.... thanks again. :)

I really enjoyed the Anne Frank Museum and a boat ride through the canals. Very interesting place to visit.

Missing washcloths:confused::confused: Typical? Just ask if they aren't in your room.

We got full sets of towels including wash cloths at the Renaissance with no special request.

How is the Renaissance? We have a SIL who works for Marriott and we get family rate sometimes. This is probably our first choice for April River Duchess cruise. Is the location good? The beds as good as other Renaissance? Does the disco cause noise issues? TIA

How is the Renaissance? We have a SIL who works for Marriott and we get family rate sometimes. This is probably our first choice for April River Duchess cruise. Is the location good? The beds as good as other Renaissance? Does the disco cause noise issues? TIA

We enjoyed this hotel. We walked there from the train station after arriving from the airport. Very easy walk even with bags.

Disco? Not sure there is one here. The hotel is actually quiet. Very nice bar for evening night caps. Tapas type mediteranean restaurant. Concierge wa great...as well as front desk staff very helpful and polite.

We thought it was a good value as they offered a senior rate. We were looking at the Rasisson Blu first. But this one ended up costing about $60 less per night. However, if you want free internet, not here. We used the Mc Donald's which has wifi free. Also I guess you have to PAY for basic tv. We didn't need that either, so it wasn't a deal breaker for us.

The hotel is one block from one of the all pedestrian streets as well as Singel Canal and a short walk to Dam Square. Probably took us about 20 min. to walk to Leidsplein area. But definitely a pleasant scenic walk we enjoyed. We liked the location just fine.

Archived