Mass near San Basilio, Venice

Ms Understood

We will be docked at San Basilio overnight on Azamara Quest. I would like to attend early Mass on Sunday but booked a shore excursion for 9am. I was hoping there is a church close by to where the ships dock? I know San Marco has a 7am Mass but not sure how difficult it would be get there and back that early? Anybody know?

--------------

Helen

It should not be too difficult to get to St Marks. The ship will be right near the San Bascilo vaporetto stop. I'm not sure how often the Vaporetto runs early on Sunday morning. There should be a schedule at the vaporetto dock. When we were on the Quest a few weeks ago we visited a church right near the dock. The church of Archangel Rapheal is just a short walk fron the ship. I couldn't find out what times mass is though. Maybe you could stop in on Saturday and find out. here is a link.

http://www.suite101.com/content/the-church-of-the-archangel-raphael-venice-a109639

This is a beautiful little church. It has two paintings of the last supper. You can pretend you're seeing DaVinci's painting:)

IMG_2147%202010.10.06.1708.19.jpg?psid=1

Archived