Please help me with my new PVP

marym933

So, the PVP I've been using for 4 years is no longer with Carnival. My new one called today. I told her we are looking at booking an Alaskan cruise soon. She told me that if I didn't have the $700 deposit for a cabin for two, that I could just book one person in the cabin, pay the $350 deposit, and add the other person before final payment.

I asked if that was okay with ES. She said it was. I also asked about the single supplement. She said that was okay, too. I then asked how long she had been with Carnival - 6 or 7 months.

Anyone ever heard of this?? Should I just run for the hills as fast as I can from this PVP?

So, the PVP I've been using for 4 years is no longer with Carnival. My new one called today. I told her we are looking at booking an Alaskan cruise soon. She told me that if I didn't have the $700 deposit for a cabin for two, that I could just book one person in the cabin, pay the $350 deposit, and add the other person before final payment.

I asked if that was okay with ES. She said it was. I also asked about the single supplement. She said that was okay, too. I then asked how long she had been with Carnival - 6 or 7 months.

Anyone ever heard of this?? Should I just run for the hills as fast as I can from this PVP?

I was told the same thing when I booked my cruise. I was ultimately booking for my friend and I, but my friend wasn't ready to put down her deposit at the time. The gentleman who did the initial booking insisted that it would not be a problem to add the second person at a later date. He explained that when my friend was added to the reservation, that my fare (with single supplement included) would be split in half and we would both end up paying the same amount. Well, I trusted him and decided to go ahead and book as a solo under Easy Saver.

About a month later, when my friend was ready to put down her deposit, I called back expecting to easily add her on. Boy was I wrong! The first couple of people I spoke with seemed to have no idea what I was asking to do, and when they did, they quoted me some outrageous price. I finally asked for a supervisor who immediately added my friend on for the same rate as myself. He was perplexed as to why I was given the runaround before and confirmed that the original rep was correct.

Long story short, everything worked out, but I was sweating bullets the first couple of times I tried to add my friend on.

Yes it is OK . . . . BUT you have to add the other person BEFORE the ES booking date ends. Solo cruisers can always book double cabins and there is never an issue adding the second person, just be aware that when you add the 2nd person that person pays the then going rate. The single supplement has always been double the per person rate when booking standard cabins so it is no big deal.

We booked our current booking that way. We paid the wifes deposit (ES) to hold the cabin and then added me to the cabin several weeks later. I was concerned because the ES rate had gone up by that time but our PVP said the price was locked in on the cabin at whatever the the rate was at the first deposit.

Archived