Paradise Beach questions

richbum

Hi there. I know that they rent beach chairs, but is there a fee for the umbrella, or is it included? Can anyone tell me the cost of banana boat ride, parasialing, jet skis...etc?

Thanks in advance!:D

Hello. I went to Paradise Beach 2 weeks ago. The fee for the beach chairs and umbrellas is $2 and admission to the beach itself is free. Parasailing was $55 for 12-15 minutes in the air, and jet skis were $60 for 30 minutes. For $12, you could get a wristband that would give you unimited use of their water toys and kayaks. Snorkel equipment rental was also $12. I also got a massage on the beach for $35 for 45 minutes. There is a bar, restaurant, and gift shop onsite. I shared a cab with 4 other people and it was $20, and I went back to the ship by myself for $13. I have pictures if you would like to see them.

Thanks for the info. I've been to Paradise Beach many times over the years. So now they charge for the use of chairs and umbrellas? They didn't charge back in April. But then again.. times change. The water sports used to be free back in the day when Tom would greet cruise ship passengers at the pier.

So I am trying to price out going on a bar-hopping tour, or just going to Paradise beach for 2 people.

Coming in on a carnival cruise. From the boards i've concluded that:

Taxi to paradise beach will cost us $20

2 chairs for the afternoon will cost us $4

Taxi back to the port will cost $13

Beach... Free

Cost of drinks, lets say 4 beers guessing $15

Cost of 3 pina colada type drinks..... $15

plus tips.... approx $15

So have i got that about right??

Looking at the water - doesn't look very blue or aqua color, looks dirty and cloudy.

I recall of all the beaches we have been to, the water was more cloudy (Like Gulf Of Mexico beaches) -not the crystal color other Caribbean stops. It also had more of a rocky entrance unless enter more towards water toys.

Perhaps Cozumel location is not set up for crystal blue water?

Anyone know

Grayling111-I believe $20 should be the cost of a taxi roundtrip, not one way. A Bucket of 5 beers is $15.60. Two Pina Coladas are $14.50. If you do go there please post a review! I have to wait until 1/11 to visit Tom and PB for the first time!:eek:

*I got the drink prices from the website. Click on the menu and then scroll your mouse over the icon where the price would be and it appers as a text box.*

So I am trying to price out going on a bar-hopping tour, or just going to Paradise beach for 2 people.

Coming in on a carnival cruise. From the boards i've concluded that:

Taxi to paradise beach will cost us $20

2 chairs for the afternoon will cost us $4

Taxi back to the port will cost $13

Beach... Free

Cost of drinks, lets say 4 beers guessing $15

Cost of 3 pina colada type drinks..... $15

plus tips.... approx $15

So have i got that about right??

Certainly in the right ballpark (though if you spend $30 on drinks, $15 is a very generous tip).

Looking at the water - doesn't look very blue or aqua color, looks dirty and cloudy.

You're right. The water was dirty and cloudy in some areas. If you want to snorkel, the water is much better at the end of the pier where you can enter from the ladder.

Grayling111-I believe $20 should be the cost of a taxi roundtrip, not one way. A Bucket of 5 beers is $15.60. Two Pina Coladas are $14.50. If you do go there please post a review! I have to wait until 1/11 to visit Tom and PB for the first time!:eek:

*I got the drink prices from the website. Click on the menu and then scroll your mouse over the icon where the price would be and it appers as a text box.*

We have visited many years ago at Paradise Beach (Back then it was a suggested $10 and included chairs,activities-just had to try and spend $10/person -no problem!) oh well times change.

Will post a review if weather cooperates and able to get there. Last year it was cloudy and rained. So hoping for sunshine this year.

Archived