Beach at Pier and Margaritaville

pinkaboo

Is there a drop off at the beach at Margaritaville? Is the water really deep or is the depth ok for children? Some beaches have such a drop off a few feet after entering the water amd depending on the location, the water can be rough with lots of breaks or waves. Just wondering if the beach at margaritaville is safe for a non-swimmer? Is there another beach where the waters are calm and not too deep for a few yards out. Basically, just looking for a nice calm water beach with no rough waves and no drop off.

Yes, there is a drop off that is commonly called "the wall" off the beach. It's more than a few feet off the beach. We didn't go into the water at Margaritaville when we were there this past May but we noticed a lot of families with small kids in the water close to shore. It didn't appear deep there. I've attached a picture that I took from our ship of Margaritaville, the pool and beach area. It's not the best picture of "the wall", but you can make out a little of where the drop off at the wall is. It also appears that it is marked with ropes and the little white buoys.

When we were there, there was no cost to use the beach, chairs or pool at Margaritaville. Hope this helps. :)

100_7463.jpg

That's helps alot. Are they any other beaches that have calm waters and little to no drop off at the shoreline?

There are several other beaches on Grand Turk, mainly the western side of the island, but we mainly stayed near the cruise terminal. We walked around "the point" (where the conch shell "graveyard" is), which is to the right if you are looking at Grand Turk from the ship. I don't know the name of that beach as I've only seen it referred to as "the point" or "the conch graveyard". I couldn't tell where the drop off was due to it being cloudy when we were there and we only waded in the water. I've seen reviews on these boards about Governor's Beach and Pillory Beach, but haven't experienced them myself. Hopefully someone else who has been to either, or to another Grand Turk beach, can add their thoughts.

Hi All -

A vote her for Governor's Beach - there are bathroom facilities and the snorkeling is good as well. Beach was lovely, had chairs. Could walk quite a way down the beach. When looking at the picture above, governor's would be to the left (not in the picture). We took a taxi it was only around 3 or 5 dollars as I recall - probably could have walked....Hope this helps.

Hi Pghsteelerfan -

Have you been to the pool at Margaritaville? Can you provide any details on what goes on there - Is it crazy like loud people and kids running all over? Do you know if there is a charge to get in? Is there a swim up bar? Any information sincerely appreciated - thank you in advance.

:)

Hi Pghsteelerfan -

Have you been to the pool at Margaritaville? Can you provide any details on what goes on there - Is it crazy like loud people and kids running all over? Do you know if there is a charge to get in? Is there a swim up bar? Any information sincerely appreciated - thank you in advance.

Hi there :) The pool at Margaritaville is no charge. Yes, it is kinda crazy with loud music and such, but not a lot of kids. I don't remember a swim up bar, but the drinks were readily available at Margaritaville. There is also a Flow Rider there for a fee.

Here's a couple of photos of the pool

IMG_0549-1.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

Hi Pghsteelerfan -

Hi Seavoyage,

There is no charge to get in to the pool or to use the chairs and there is a swim up bar. The pool itself is very large and it appeared that there were chairs available, but the swim up bar looked pretty crowded, as did the whole area around the bar. We were there for about 5 - 10 minutes, so we couldn't really tell if it was crazy loud with kids running all over. We stopped to see it before we headed to Jack's Shack, which is down the beach a little farther. We were planning on coming back to spend time at the pool at Margaritaville after Jack's Shack, but time flew and we ran out of time. I will attach a few pictures of Margaritaville's pool area so you can "see" what it looks like. Hopefully this will be of some help to you.

Margaritaville and pool area from the ship to give you an idea of how large it is:

100_7472-1.jpg

View of the pool area:

100_7449-1.jpg

View of the bar area at the Margaritaville pool (this is where the crowd was):

100_7450.jpg

Hi Seavoyage,

There was not a charge for the chairs at Mart. Vill when we were there, nor was there any pressure to buy any drinks. The ship was real close to the pier when we docked.

http://westy2006.shutterfly.com/

We are returning in 3 weeks on same ship and hope to have as great a time as in the past. I always get off the ship early and MV was already open.

Hi pfgsteelerfan and alphakitty and Cats2 - thank you all so much for the information. While the crowds really are not our thing....that swim up bar looks like alot fun so maybe we will catch it on the way back to the ship. Thanks so much - love the pictures cannot wait until December!!!!!

Thanks again and Happy Sails!!

Hi pfgsteelerfan and alphakitty and Cats2 - thank you all so much for the information. While the crowds really are not our thing....that swim up bar looks like alot fun so maybe we will catch it on the way back to the ship. Thanks so much - love the pictures cannot wait until December!!!!!

Thanks again and Happy Sails!!

Hi Seavoyage! :)

I hope you have a wonderful time (and weather) on your cruise in December! :)

Archived