whats the best thing to use to get booze on my next cruise

tattoocruise

what should i use to get booze on my next cruise?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. what should i use to get booze on my next cruise?

• original bottle
    • empty mouthwash bottle
    • empty shampoo bottle
    • rum runners
    • empty water bottles
    • individual balloons filled with a shot and then swallowed
    • other

Sail Princess. Never had a problem

Same here in all of our Princess cruises :) It's nice to have a glass of wine or a drink in our stateroom

We put bottles of wine in both our checked and carry on luggage and beer, water and alcohol (usually a bottle of Grey Goose or Sapphire Gin that we tend to bring home with us as these are quite expensive in Canada) in our checked suitcase. We have never had anyone say anything to us at all.

Some of it comes off with us after the cruise is over opened bottles are left behind.

We still have a bar tap and we don't take anything outside of our stateroom beyond a bottle of wine that we are charged a corkage fee for in the MDR.

do the folks who want to sneak booze on board, also sneak it into restaurants and bars back home? I also vote for the sign and sail card..

Or how about sneaking on other restricted items such as drugs, knives, etc.? Why just stop at booze?

Many of the cruise lines have gotten much more clever about finding smuggled booze. If you use RumRunners and they are found, they and the booze in them will be thrown away.

Buy what you want on board and forget about smuggling. Do you think the cruise lines don't read Cruise Critic? Easy to find out about RumRunners.

Yes the cruise lines know about RR and all the other methods used. Now all they have to do is figure out which luggage among the 6000+ pieces has the contraband liquor in them. Add to this the short time element between the luggage being checked in and delivered to the stateroom and the odds of getting caught are very small.

Rum runners work the vast majority of the time as they are hard to detect. The odds are very much in favor of the smuggler as attested by so many on CC. My record to date is 100% success. Cheers.

Don't mean to sound like a "goody goody", but whatever happened to just complying with the cruiseline's rules about taking booze onboard??

If all they permit is a bottle of wine per person ...... why is it do difficult to just do that? If you are not a wine drinker, then get your drinks at the onboard bars. That's what the vast majority of us cruisers do.

Don't mean to sound like a "goody goody", but whatever happened to just complying with the cruiseline's rules about taking booze onboard??

If all they permit is a bottle of wine per person ...... why is it do difficult to just do that? If you are not a wine drinker, then get your drinks at the onboard bars. That's what the vast majority of us cruisers do.

RCI doesn't permit you to carry ANY wine, beer, booze onboard. We use the bar for a drink and pay with our card. We order a couple of bottles of wine through the Gifts department. We aren't interested in anything spectacular, just a bottle of wine for an occasional drink. While the prices are jacked up, I have no intention of going to the time, trouble or expense of trying to smuggle it onboard. I just don't see the advantage if your goal is to be able to have an occasional drink in your cabin, but have no problem with those that do. Everyone has a different goal. There are those that want to make a gourmet cup of coffee in their room and try to smuggle a pot onboard; those that want to smuggle cuban cigars home; those that want to bring an iron onboard; and the list goes on and on. I would like to suggest an express line that is labeled: Those who have no booze, irons, knives, coffee pots, or any contraband in their luggage or on their person, please step forward and board :D.

I would like to suggest an express line that is labeled: Those who have no booze, irons, knives, coffee pots, or any contraband in their luggage or on their person, please step forward and board :D.

Might be a short line! :D

Archived