The Return of the Steak Sandwich!

Sargent_Schultz

I vote for a steak sandwich!!! I never had one when they were offered, that was before my sailing days began, but that sounds really good!!! I loved the idea of root beer and ice cream!!! what a great idea

On all my cruises we have toted on a 12 pack of Root beer & Orange (Yummy), just for that reason,

take the big water glass from the cabin, head to the lido deck, fill 1/2 way with soft serve, top with root beer or Orange and head for dinner.

Forget their ice tea ;)

One can works well for two people

This was a choice on the Fascination in August. Even had a special on Bud Light buckets - $13.50 for 4 cans.

Really interesting I was on the Valor last month and didn't see a Bud Light Lime in sight anywhere.. guess I will have to wait till the Liberty next year and hope they have it... Nice deal on the Bud Light...:DThanks;)

It used to be a tradition of mine to get a steak sandwich as soon as I embarked. When the steak disappeared, I would go to fish and chips. If the ship I was on didn't have fish and chips upstairs, I was lost! Would much rather have my steak back!

On all my cruises we have toted on a 12 pack of Root beer & Orange (Yummy), just for that reason,

take the big water glass from the cabin, head to the lido deck, fill 1/2 way with soft serve, top with root beer or Orange and head for dinner.

Forget their ice tea ;)

One can works well for two people

Now that sounds like fun, desert before dinner. Yummy!! :)

If I could swap out those steak sandwhiches-- (yes they are good) but I'd rather see hot wings one night at the buffet late night.

The chicken tenders are pretty tasty. On one ship they did have a bowl of Buffalo sauce but it kept going fast. For my next cruise, I've added a bottle of hot wing sauce to my packing list. :D

It would be great for diabetics! Even though they can consume some carbs - sugar-free would be great for them!

Exactly. Diabetics only get ONE choice for dessert on the menu. And the most disgusting sugar free dessert is that pumpkin pie! Something new would be good. Also, if you are a lo-carber by choice it's another alternative to what is now being offered.

Would love more soda variety. Although I'm fairly certain that French Onion Soup is made with a beef broth base...atleast that's the way I make it. :confused: Therefore can't really be counted as a vegetarian offering.???

That's what I thought also when I read it.

I don't really make this, BUT I have eaten it enough to know it is a beef broth base...just wouldn't be the same in a veggie broth base.

Exactly. Diabetics only get ONE choice for dessert on the menu. And the most disgusting sugar free dessert is that pumpkin pie! Something new would be good. Also, if you are a lo-carber by choice it's another alternative to what is now being offered.

You're right about needing more choices for lo-carbers....I have diabetes in my family and because I have followed a low-carb diet for the last 7 years, I have been able to stay off meds!! so here's to new options!

You're right about needing more choices for lo-carbers....I have diabetes in my family and because I have followed a low-carb diet for the last 7 years, I have been able to stay off meds!! so here's to new options!

That's what I thought also when I read it.

I don't really make this, BUT I have eaten it enough to know it is a beef broth base...just wouldn't be the same in a veggie broth base.

Off Topic - But Jason's Deli (franchises) makes an excellent French Onion Soup that is soy-based, so is vegetarian friendly. But you and the OP are correct, almost all other "mainstream" restaurants use a beef based broth. ( I have been a vegetarian almost 13 years now)

Archived