ORL-FLL Car Rental, Holiday rates..will they go down?

SWACK

Looking to rent from Orlando to Lauderdale, one way on the 24th and the 31st of December.. Looking at rates of $120+ per day. Looked at keeping it for the week, and seeing over $700..

Has anyone else rented at this time before, will I see rates drop as we get closer, or do you have any other suggestions?

Talk about a high demand season! :eek: Check www.carrentals.com and search for discount codes you may be able to use - AAA, AARP, etc. I would reserve something now and then keep searching for deals - car prices usually drop as your date gets closer, but Christmas and New Years in FLA are peak demand times for car rentals.:(

When you rent be sure to ask the company to include the elctronic toll pass (FLA sun pass) - usually costs $2.50/day plus the cost of your tolls, but it will save you lots of time and aggrivation while driving between MCO and FLL.

Good luck!:)

Ok Swackman I think I can help you out...you are looking for two oneway rentals right??

Go to Avis's website....

Picking up car on the 23rd at mco (orlando airport) and returning to fll on the 24th...i punched in a 24 hour period....

Put in AWD code......either....A972200

C031529 or C356672

Compact car comes to 111.74

Then December 31 from fll to mco with a code comes to 41.58...for a compact car.

Let me know how you make out!

None of the codes seem to work.. get this error..

We´re Sorry...

Avis.com has not properly responded to your request.

You can use your browser´s back button and resubmit your request now. In many cases, this second attempt will be executed fully. You can try again in a few minutes.

If the problem persists, please contact Avis and provide PROBLEM CODE < 40018 > < 32-29-15102010-62641 >

I tried now and got the same message....earlier I was getting the rates I posted to you. I haven't seen this before...I'm hoping it's a glitch at the moment or they are updating. Just a couple days ago when I went on the whole website was down temporarily. These codes are common ones that are used often and no id required so they are safe to use. I would keep trying :)

I am getting the same error even without the codes..there is something wrong with the site at the moment....it will work....if you liked the prices I gave you keep checking. I used the code myself for my trip in February and need to book a car for in two weeks so I will check it often.

Archived