Adventure Ocean - 1st Night

sargenet

Can someone please give me information on Adventure Ocean the first night on RCCL. We are on Navigator for a 5 day cruise. My son is 7 and on a previous cruise (HAL) it was open for the first night from 8pm - 10pm. It was only 3 days but he had such a blast and it has been his only cruise! Had to drag him out!

From my understanding, the first night it is open for more of a family orientation/show where we get him signed up? After the orientation..then what? Can they stay and play or is the first official "start" time the next day (which is at sea).

I just want to set his expectations correctly! I looked at someone's cruise compass from last winter and it looked like they had activies like ice skating and such at night. Just wondering if I should plan this as a "family" night and let him know he can't actually "go" there until the next day!

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Since it is a 5 day versus 7 we are trying to plan "family dinner" nights, plus a few for mommy and daddy!

You're correct. The first night will be more of a family night. The staff are busy getting kids signed up, etc. and aren't available for drop offs. There may be a few activities for the kids to try, but not things designed to last long or for parents to leave them there for on the first night. On the bigger ships, there's a special welcome aboard show for the families. Tell him he can actually go to the club to stay in the morning, and have fun exploring the ship together that night!

So it sounds like I don't have to worry about signing him up once we get on board. That will leave us more time to enjoy the ship! We have my time dining so the earliest we can be seated is 6:30pm. Hope that leaves us enough time to get to the 8pm show!

I have a feeling he will have enough excitement that day any way! We are getting in the day before and have a hotel for the night. And as much as I would LOVE for my son to sleep in on Saturday morning...he is notorious for staying on schedule for his school. That means a 6:30am wake up for mommy! I think I will be worn out that day by 9pm!!!

I always keep those schedules in my signature. You don't have to sign up on the first night. You can do it whenever you first attend -- even if its the next morning.

Kids club schedules and children's menus including RCCL Adventure Ocean, Camp Carnival, Disney, NCL, Princess, HAL and Celebrity posted here....

http://photobucket.com/cruisekidpages

This is my only criticism of the RCL kids program. I would have liked to have been able to drop off my kids for dinner on day 1. Instead we brought them to the dining room and they hated it just like last cruise. Next cruise we will have to go to another venue on day one such as the windjammer.

• 8 months later...
I always keep those schedules in my signature. You don't have to sign up on the first night. You can do it whenever you first attend -- even if its the next morning.

Kids club schedules and children's menus including RCCL Adventure Ocean, Camp Carnival, Disney, NCL, Princess, HAL and Celebrity posted here....

http://photobucket.com/cruisekidpages

I am taking my children on the Navigator in February. I attempted to open your photobucket page, but it says click on cruise lin to left, but no cruise lines are there. My children are DD(20), DS's (16 &12). Any info on programs would be helpful.

I am taking my children on the Navigator in February. I attempted to open your photobucket page, but it says click on cruise lin to left, but no cruise lines are there. My children are DD(20), DS's (16 &12). Any info on programs would be helpful.

Sorry, I have to change that opening title page. Photobucket changed their set up and moved everything down to the "bottom right" ;)

Just click this and everything will open right to all of the RCI pages...

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Royal%20Caribean%20AO%20Compass/?start=all

I wanted to add -- for your daughter, the 20 year old, you probably already know this but you won't find anything for her in these pages. She is stuck at that age where she is not able to drink yet, but too old for the teen clubs. RCI will have some "meet n mingles" for her. But nothing in the teen clubs ;)

Sorry, I have to change that opening title page. Photobucket changed their set up and moved everything down to the "bottom right" ;)

Just click this and everything will open right to all of the RCI pages...

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Royal%20Caribean%20AO%20Compass/?start=all

I wanted to add -- for your daughter, the 20 year old, you probably already know this but you won't find anything for her in these pages. She is stuck at that age where she is not able to drink yet, but too old for the teen clubs. RCI will have some "meet n mingles" for her. But nothing in the teen clubs ;)

Thank you so much. That link worked so much better:). DD(20) is looking forward to finding a nice lounge chair and some sun. She is not the one I worry about. It is my DS(12) he has an anxiety disorder and new situations are very scary for him. I have contacted RCCL and filled out paperwork to have a pager waiting for us at Adventure Ocean, so that he knows when he starts getting uncomfortable they can contact me. Although with that said, I am not sure he will do activites if parents are not allowed. Only time will tell. DS(16) is very excited about playing basketball in the middle of the ocean. I am sure I will have to peel him off the court!

We are taking this family cruise, because my DS turns 16 the day we set sail. He wanted to cruise for his 16th. So I hope it is all they expect it to be.

Archived