Island Escape cancelled cruise

jinty24

Hiya, This is my first post as i just joined today. My friend and i are sailing on the Island Escape Colourful Coasts cruise, sailing from Madeira on 31st January,we were booked to sail on 29th November but it has been cancelled.We were offered another cruise on the Destiny, but we wanted to wait and go on the Island Escape.The cruise was actually cheaper than what we had paid, so they refunded £107, plus upgraded us to an outside cabin. Just wanted to say we are really looking forward to our cruise as this will be our first ever cruise,hopefully not the last:).

Welcome aboard.:) You'll have a great time even if the weather is a bit changeable in January, there's plenty to do onboard. The IE was our first cruise in March and we really enjoyed it and found the ship has a much better layout than the Celebration. Not a new ship of course but much better condition than the critics would have you think. We were surprised at the nice condition of the public areas and as for the cabins, think caravan and you'll have a benchmark. But you're never in them as there's so much to do. We sailed from Madeira and had plenty of time to walk into town as it's a late departure, the same with Gran Canaria and Tenerife. That's the only trouble with some other cruises in the Med or Aegean, they depart late afternoon or early evening so not a full day in port.:)

Jan

I might be biased ..but you done the right thing awaiting the good ship IE :cool:

I think we have done the right thing too,i have had a lot of great reports about the IE, the only thing is we have to wait so long now till January,but it gives something to look forward to after Christmas:)

Welcome aboard.:) You'll have a great time even if the weather is a bit changeable in January, there's plenty to do onboard. The IE was our first cruise in March and we really enjoyed it and found the ship has a much better layout than the Celebration. Not a new ship of course but much better condition than the critics would have you think. We were surprised at the nice condition of the public areas and as for the cabins, think caravan and you'll have a benchmark. But you're never in them as there's so much to do. We sailed from Madeira and had plenty of time to walk into town as it's a late departure, the same with Gran Canaria and Tenerife. That's the only trouble with some other cruises in the Med or Aegean, they depart late afternoon or early evening so not a full day in port.:)

Jan

Thanks for the welcome Jan,its good to know there will be plenty to do onboard.and as you say we will hardly be in our cabin as we will be enjoying everything the IE has to offer, and really looking forward to all the ports of call.:)

Archived