Hotel in downtown Miami that's not the IC

quadgirl

Check out the Sagamore, it's at Lincoln Rd and Collins. Not South Beach, but Miami Beach. The Ritz-Carlton is in the same area.

South Beach proper hotels are small and noisy due to the 24/7 party that goes on down there.

MIA to Port of Miami is a flat fare of $26 plus tip. To get from South Beach to MIA use the Airport Flyer, an express bus that's only $2.35 per person.

http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/library/airport_flyer_brochure.pdf

Thanks for the tips :D I'll check out those hotels.

You are correct. There's a way to check which hotel it is more accurately. Open this as a separate window: http://www.touricoholidays.com/en/PageHotelDetail.aspx?hotelId=13982&provider=localTgsProvider

From LMT, you can click the "more info" button and look at the URL it takes you to. The numbers after HotelId= are what you need to copy and paste into the above URL. Tourico Holidays is a sister site to LMT and their hotel ID numbers are identical across the board. 13982 is the Hyatt Regency at Convention Center.

This is a great tip for searching hidden hotels. I won't need a room until Feb. 24 for one night before our cruise. I plan to stay in downtown Miami and will use this tip and LMT about 6 weeks before to find a room. Are rooms going to be hard to find for Feb. 24, which is a Thursday? Is that a real bust time in Miami?

Just wondering if The Epic Hotel is ever on any of these last minute sites - we're from the UK and trying to work out how to get a cheap hotel in Miami isn't easy!

When I was researching LMT ID#'s I found the Epic listed at 4.5 stars and ID # 1212904.

Hope this helps.

Edited: If you are looking for your pre-cruise on the Celebrity Eclipse, I saw one night on Nov. 26th at about $166 for the Epic. The Intercontinental is listed at $84 (and 5 stars, for what that's worth). That's Thanksgiving weekend in the US, so hotel rooms aren't always cheap then as so many people travel that weekend.

Thanks everyone. I will probably go with the Hyatt if I can only find out what "Early Departure" means. We are using the hotel for a post cruise night and our flight leaves early the next morning. LMT says the Hyatt charges $50 for early departure. I've e-mailed LMT but haven't gotten a response yet.

How about calling the Hyatt and asking?

I believe it means if you book 2 night, then stay only 1 night and want to leave. Then they charge you $50 for the room you booked but are not going to use.

Hope this makes sense.

I didn't think of calling the Hyatt. What a dork I am :D I think you are all right about the staying less days than what you booked thing. I ended up booking 2 rooms at the Hyatt. South Beach was way more expensive. We will just take a taxi down there if we feel like it. We may be tired after our cruise and just want to chill :p I got the Hyatt for $84. About $96 after taxes and such. I think anything under $100 is a great deal. Thanks to everyone for your great tips and advice.

Great tip. Thx.

Anyone know what the hotel considers "Early Departure?" I emailed LMT but haven't gotten a response yet?

The "Early Departure" has nothing to do with what time you leave in the morning -- It means if you change your travel dates and leave early. Say you book three nights but leave after the first night, you would incur the Early Departure fee because you are not staying all three nights. Since you are there for only one night, this doesn't apply.

The "Early Departure" has nothing to do with what time you leave in the morning -- It means if you change your travel dates and leave early. Say you book three nights but leave after the first night, you would incur the Early Departure fee because you are not staying all three nights. Since you are there for only one night, this doesn't apply.

Thanks for the confirmation. I see you just sailed on the Epic. How was it? We sail on her Nov. 6th. WooHoo!!!!!! Looking forward to it. It's -5 degrees today here in North Pole, AK so warm weather will be nice. :D

Thanks for the confirmation. I see you just sailed on the Epic. How was it? We sail on her Nov. 6th. WooHoo!!!!!! Looking forward to it. It's -5 degrees today here in North Pole, AK so warm weather will be nice. :D

Wonderful ship. We had a great cruise! I wouldn't hesitate to sail on the Epic again!

• 1 month later...

The link to touricoholidays doesn't work. All I get is the home screen that requires a password to enter the site and see hotel ID numbers to cross reference with LMT. And, the LMT ID numbers aren't showing anymore; there is no "get more information" place to click.

I'm trying to determine which hotel is 3.5* downtown Miami for Feb. 24, price shown $111.

There are two of them. If you click "book it" you can see an ID number.

I'm trying to identify ID 3501 and 1935.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Archived