Insignia Nov 1 transfer Livorno to Florence

inuit

Hi

Is anyone interested in sharing transportation from Livorno to Florence? We are mid-50's married couple from Vancouver, never cruised before. We're planning a walking tour in Florence but are trying to figure out what the transfer should cost, or if anyone wants to share. thanks

Hello fellow Vancouverite!

As LHT28 advises, post on your Roll Call and hopefully you'll meet up with others on your cruise interested in sharing transporation or have a tour in progress.

Also check out the Port of Call section in CC. There is excellent information on travelling from Livorno to Florence. It can sound much more confusing that it is. Check out CC member ftroute's web site for great train connection info.

Enjoy your cruise

Just a heads up

The trip from Livorno to Florence is long and the road can have heavy traffic.

A taxi or car service would be cheaper than ship transfer but we were really concerned about getting back to the ship in time - traffic, accident, car breakdown. Although we never take cruiseline excursions, we took "Florence on Your Own" which is nothing more than a bus transfer back and forth. We know it was expensive but we were willing to pay for the peace of mind.

Also - you have very little time in Florence (6 hours). I would have stayed on the ship and relaxed (I have been to Florence many times) but my travel companions had never been to Florence. Book either the Accademia or Uffizi on line ahead of time. You will bypass all the lines and walk right in. Personally, I do not believe there is enough time to the do the Uffizi properly. Go see the David and then enjoy walking the city.

thankyou YVR-ITA and Pacheco for your suggestions. We do know that Accademia and Uffizi will be closed and also many shops due to the holiday/Monday combination. But the tour company we've been talking to has given us a great list of alternatives that will be open. I"ve checked them out and they're high on the "must see" list, so between that and eating gelato and people-watching, I think it'll be worth the trip. It's almost a relief to me that some things will be closed, because it warrants another visit to Florence sometime in the future. So we're going to go and enjoy whatever we can. Carpe diem and all that. At least it won't be busy! Thanks again, much appreciated.

Hi

Is anyone interested in sharing transportation from Livorno to Florence? We are mid-50's married couple from Vancouver, never cruised before. We're planning a walking tour in Florence but are trying to figure out what the transfer should cost, or if anyone wants to share. thanks

Hello

Are you docking in Livorno and then moving onto Florence if so.

you can catch a train in Livorno direct to Florence its an easy journey. The train station I Livorno is just outside of the town, depending where you dock you may have to get a shuttle into Livorno and then a short taxi ride to the station. You can also stop at Pisa on the way to Florence. Depending what luggage you have.

Archived