?? about the Pride docking in Baltimore

leaski

This may be a strange question, but I am trying to find out how the Carnival Pride docks when it comes into and leaves out of Baltimore. Specifically, does it turn around to get into, or leave the dock? A friend of mine is taking us to the terminal for our cruise next year and she has only seen cruise ships on the Discovery Channel. She is excited to see one up close (she is terrified to actually get on one) and has seen them turning around, and was wondering if she will have the opportunity to witness this in person. Is there a web cam for that port? She watched the web cam in New York when we left on the Glory and was fascinated watching it back out and says she would love to see it up close, so I told her I would ask.

Most pictures I have seen of cruise ships docked in Baltimore show them all as if they had pulled straight in and not done a '180' so that the now is pointing out. There are no webcams I know of for the dock areas that you can see the ship leave, however the best place may be over at Fort McHenry along the waterfront.

In response to your question, when leaving the dock at Baltimore, the Pride first pushes away using both thrusters,then going into a somewhat aft first maneuver, until she is sufficently clear,its at this time the ship goes into a pivot move that eventually puts the bow pointing down river,and then she starts her forward motion....

Archived