Honolulu Port to Airport - how long to allow?

sydneycruiser

Hi all

Just wondering how long it takes to get from Honolulu to the airport. We're doing Sydney to Honolulu on Rhapsody of the Seas April 2011 and due to time/work constraints need to catch a flight home at 9.15am the morning we disembark.

Thank you!:)

Regularly at that hour of the morning, you are in the morning rush hour. So you usually will need at least an hour. I don't want to scare you but if it rains or there is an accident then that will definitely change to a longer commute.

Also, the time from the port to the airport depends on if it is a) a school day and b) if it is a furlough day. Furlough days and no school days are faster (less cars on the road).

So you really need to be sure that you can disembark early because you are taking an international flight and will have to do the customs and security at the airport also.

It is recommended that check in for international flights is three hours prior so you may be cutting things close depending on when the ship lets you start to disembark.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

A 9.15 am departure would totally stress me out! What time does your ship get in? If it is the night before you would have an early start, but could do it. If it docks that morning, then it will be close to get there in time.

What airline are you flying home with? If it is Jetstar, they are really quite strict about their check-in cut off times so you want to make sure this timing is doable.

We are flying home with Hawaiian air, our flight leaves at 12.40 pm, so we have some time on the morning of disembarkation.

BTW, we looked at the Sydney - Honolulu cruise on Rhapsody as well, but decided on POA and time in Honolulu instead.

Thanks for your replies. The ship is due to get in at 1.00pm the day before. We've been to Hawaii before so just plan to shop the afternoon before we fly home. We fly out on a Saturday.

We are flying with Jetstar only to use Frequent Flyer points but I'll have to check the disembarkation time - it might be cutting it a bit fine!

We looked at POA also but we were really attracted to all those sea days on the Rhapsody:)

Thanks for your replies. The ship is due to get in at 1.00pm the day before. We've been to Hawaii before so just plan to shop the afternoon before we fly home. We fly out on a Saturday.

We are flying with Jetstar only to use Frequent Flyer points but I'll have to check the disembarkation time - it might be cutting it a bit fine!

We looked at POA also but we were really attracted to all those sea days on the Rhapsody:)

Yes, gotta love those sea days! We always enjoy sea days too.

If you are docked the day before you should be able to disembark anytime you want I would think.

Yes, gotta love those sea days! We always enjoy sea days too.

If you are docked the day before you should be able to disembark anytime you want I would think.

Archived