Carnival and their Electric Fan Policy?

How lenient/strict is Carnival with passengers bringing fans onboard? I know what their website says, but I want to know from other passengers' experience. Especially Port Everglades and/or Carnival Freedom recent previous passengers. We will be on Freedom in December and so far have 3 cabins booked, so we will be taking at least 3 fans.

Thanks everyone!

Rita

Just got back from the Freedom yesterday and we used our fan and extension cord, no problems!:) But, weird as it may sound, in May while sailing out of Jacksonville on the Fascination, they confiscated my small blowdryer. :eek: To add insult to injury, this ship didn't have them in the room! :confused::cool::rolleyes:

they confiscated my small blowdryer.

A blow dryer (no matter what the physical dimensions are) carry a pretty good load as compated to a fan.

I can't believe how many people take fans or care about them on a cruise. As to getting a Dr's prescription for one is getting a bit crazy IMHO.

Way too much stuff to carry / pack / lug around.

Seems to me that a heating pad is a medical necessary so she shouldn't have any problems. But to be on the safe side, have her's or your primary physician write something saying it is necessary. In fact your doctor's nurse can do that for you.

I can't believe how many people take fans or care about them on a cruise. As to getting a Dr's prescription for one is getting a bit crazy IMHO.

To each his/her own I suppose. I've been sleeping with a fan for so long that I find it difficult to sleep without one. It's not the noise, I just need to have air moving, particularly over my face to sleep comfortably.

To each his/her own I suppose. I've been sleeping with a fan for so long that I find it difficult to sleep without one. It's not the noise, I just need to have air moving, particularly over my face to sleep comfortably.

I also have had a fan for too many years to count but I don't take one on the cruise. So far it has not been an issue as I sleep like a baby on the ship. But I understand having one.

I'm the same way, I cannot sleep without a fan circulating air in the room. What if you require an extension cord for the use of a medical device (CPAP/nebulizer)? Will the confiscate it anyway?

We will be sailing on the Sensation in March 2011 & I plan to pack my extension cord, CPAP, nebulizer & hairdryer. Will I have any problems? Should I pack them in my carry on or checked luggage?

Seems to me that a heating pad is a medical necessary so she shouldn't have any problems. But to be on the safe side, have her's or your primary physician write something saying it is necessary. In fact your doctor's nurse can do that for you.

Thank you, I'll have her do that.

I can understand wanting to have a fan, although I can sleep without one. What I cannot sleep without is the white noise machine. :) Not only is it soothing, but it helps block outside noise...something pertinent on a cruise.

Took my little 5" AC powered fan aboard "Legend" a couple of weeks ago. I carry it in my carry on bag, and have taken this fan aboard time and time again, No problem. Went right through, and the cabin steward also said nothing about it as it was in plain sight, sitting on the vanity all week.

"SKY"

Guess I am crazy then....just have to have my noise and air........mine is a small one that fit's in my suitcase just fine......

My apologies as I'm attempting to become a kinder, gentler poster. Obviously not working :). It really doesn't affect me one way or another, my point was intended to reflect my not liking to haul extra stuff.

Have a great day and Happy Fanning.

How lenient/strict is Carnival with passengers bringing fans onboard? I know what their website says, but I want to know from other passengers' experience. Especially Port Everglades and/or Carnival Freedom recent previous passengers. We will be on Freedom in December and so far have 3 cabins booked, so we will be taking at least 3 fans.

Thanks everyone!

Rita

We just got off the Fantasy this morning in Charleston SC, we had no troubles with a fan but it was packed in one of the suit cases. No one questioned anything!

• 2 weeks later...

I just returned from sailing the Triump out of New Orleans Oct 2nd---we were 3 cabins, and all three had the personal fans confisciated along with the extension cords, however our hair dryer and power strip were allowed. I am one of those who have used a fan for years to sleep and have succesfully brought one onboard all previous sailings. I contacted Carnival via email and pressed the issue to the point that I finally received a phone call. I was told that this is a new policy that will be enforced on all future sailings due to the number of safety issues occuring onboard. Battery operated personal fans are the only type they will allow on all future sailings. Hope this helps!

Thanks everyone!

Rita

Fan policy asinine. We took fan on Freedom last April, no problems.

Ours was confiscated on the Destiny last month. First time in 50 cruises.

I stood my ground (threatened to leave the ship) and it was returned. The "standoff" should have never occurred in the first place.

Our days sailing Carnival may be numbered... not that they, or anyone else really cares! :rolleyes:

Tom

Thank you, I'll have her do that.

I can understand wanting to have a fan, although I can sleep without one. What I cannot sleep without is the white noise machine. :) Not only is it soothing, but it helps block outside noise...something pertinent on a cruise.

My wife needs one to block the inside noise :rolleyes:

Archived