No shows on the fantasy???

mouche

Co-worker just got back from a cruise on the Fantasy, he said he had a great time, but there were no shows on this cruise. There was the norm, bingo, comics etc etc. But no big shows!!! I just thought this was interestingemotion-2.gif

I think just maybe that your friend was confused and might have missed the shows.;)

NOPE!!! That's what I thought:D I kept saying you mean the big production shows, are you sure:confused: He was sure, he cruises a couple of times a year. He said lots of people were complaining. He also said they had the comedy show and Karaoke in the main venues. I don't know maybe some one else who just got off the 6 day Fantasy sailing could confirm. I just found this strange as I never heard of no shows, and as my co-worker said after I kept asking as if I didn't understand. ZERO :eek: shows.

I think just maybe that your friend was confused and might have missed the shows.;)

NOPE!!! That's what I thought:D I kept saying you mean the big production shows, are you sure:confused: He was sure, he cruises a couple of times a year. He said lots of people were complaining. He also said they had the comedy show and Karaoke in the main venues. I don't know maybe some one else who just got off the 6 day Fantasy sailing could confirm. I just found this strange as I never heard of no shows, and as my co-worker said after I kept asking as if I didn't understand. ZERO :eek: shows.

Did they hit rough weather? We've been on ships where the "big" shows were canceled for safety reasons.
nn

He didn't say anything about rough weather, but it would be nice to hear from someone else on that cruise.

nn

He didn't say anything about rough weather, but it would be nice to hear from someone else on that cruise.

Actually I read a review and nothing was said and I also posted on their roll call to see what the deal was.

I will let you all know.

If it was the cruise from Oct. 9 - 15, I was on that one and there were shows. The Welcome aboard show was on the first night, the second night was the big show with the singers & dancers and one of the other nights was a fabulous singer who boarded in Nassau and did an awesome show. The last 2 nights, they did have Kareoke in the lounge though. Your friend must have missed the shows the first few nights.

I thought the Conquest was strange, we had 3 full shows, and then one partial singing show, and the last four nights, three, nothing but comedy offered in the back lounge. I thought, the crew is mad, or they would do the full 2nd singing and dancing number. They did legends like thursday night.

All we had was comedy shows 3 nights, no shows in the main lounge. Are comedy shows replacing regular shows now?

I agree with the friend, about the lack of shows. People said the magician never got on the ship .. so what about the other nights?

Weather.....JMO

some of the acts like the jugglers/magician/hypnotist and ones like Christopher Alan Graves show are on a couple ships per week...they fly back and forth between the ships

bad weather near either ship....they don't go to the other ship

since some of the ships did not dock (and we have all read the complaints)

and since some of the ships changed ports ...I am sure that messed up their schedule

and as stated ...IF the ship is really rocking, high seas...they may cancel the production show

Just another reason why fares are lower in hurricane season

If it was the cruise from Oct. 9 - 15' date=' I was on that one and there were shows. The Welcome aboard show was on the first night, the second night was the big show with the singers & dancers and one of the other nights was a fabulous singer who boarded in Nassau and did an awesome show. The last 2 nights, they did have Kareoke in the lounge though. Your friend must have missed the shows the first few nights.[/quote']

He was on this sailing Oct 9-15, I don't know what's up with him, mabey he is confused:) I was talking to him this morning and showed him this post and he was like, Yea there was a welcome show but "I'm talking about the big vegas style shows" I said o-k-a-y:eek:

On the Elation, they are changing out the production shows without going into drydock. That is unusual. We had no Welcome Aboard show but the final production show on the first night for the 10/9 sailing. The next night was a Motown singer. The next was a comedian. The next was a juggler/comedian. The last night was a Talent show.

I believe the next two sailings only had one production show. Then when the ship does it 7-nighter, both new productions shows will be shown.

It might be the same on the Fantasy if they are changing out a show. The Fantasy has had the same shows for some time now.

Dave

I had one sailing in 2007, that only had the Welcome Aboard Show, and that was a bit 'modified' from the norm.

Turned out both production singers were fighting the flu (and one was having it really bad) so the other two shows were replaced by a passenger talent show, and one quickly replaced fly-on talent.

Co-worker just got back from a cruise on the Fantasy, he said he had a great time, but there were no shows on this cruise. There was the norm, bingo, comics etc etc. But no big shows!!! I just thought this was interestingemotion-2.gif

Your friend was lost! We just got off the Fantasy this morning and there were two shows, a salute to the Beatles (Very good show) and a show called Nightclub....BOTH very good shows, also saw 2 comedians, and about 5 different bands playing music

Hi gmkmetz: We were on the Oct 9th sailing. When was the Beatles Tribute? We didn't see that advertised at all-& I'm looking in the "Fun Times" now too, and nothing. Unless it was during the Welcome Aboard

show. If so, I really wish they'd have advertised the name of that

production show, we wouldn't have missed it.

They did have the shows that you mentioned, but we thought it was kinda odd that also some of the main shows were game show type shows

and also guest based shows like the talent show. Like some people have asked, on cruises there usually are more paid talent shows. This was our first experience with Carnival.

One thing that happened to us that shocked us, was that we were asked to leave the Forum Lounge on both nights that they had the comedians in there. After one comedian was done, we had to leave the room and get in line to go back in for the next one! In 15 cruises (again, this was our first on Carnival) we've never seen anything like this. It was so ridiculous.

We were told that it was Carnival's policy, and that it wasn't fair to everyone else for the next show. I mean, we already had our seats and were sitting there drinking. We had to walk out of the room and get in a long line to then go back in the room and lose our seats. This happened both nights they had the comedians. :(:mad::eek::confused:

Also, they would have the comedians do 2 shows each in this lounge. They could alleviate this whole issue if they'd have them each do one show each in the Universe Theater like the other cruise lines do.

Archived