Ft. Lauderdale in Feb.

Vicjac

I tried to get reservations for Embassy Suites in Feb. only to find out that it was all sold out for the days I needed in Feb. I have stayed at the Embassy pre-cruise before and really liked it. Great Breakfast & Great Manager's Drink Special at night. I called my TA to see what hotels were being offered by the cruise line, only to find out that ES was listed. I got the hotel I wanted at a price I could not have booked at. I just wanted to let everyone know, don't rule out booking your hotel with the TA on the hotels that are offered from the Cruiseline. I have Transfers from Airport to Hotel and Hotel to Pier. I never could have done this booking myself.

Be careful that you are paying for the room and not per person which is the way most cruiselines and some agencies charge. Thus what seems like a good price ends up being for half a room for two. :rolleyes: We see that all the time.

Some travelers don't know the exorbitant pre and post cruise hotel rates they are being charged. Same when transfers are included. It's only a 10$ cab ride to the port and $15 from the airport and you get to go on YOUR schedule, not some one else's.

Yes, the rate was per person. It was still cheaper than what the hotel is charging in Feb. and the website was showing not available for the specific dates. I just wanted to point this out as another option.

If you are happy with your hotel choice and amount you are paying, that's great. :)

In the future, IF you want to save money and the regimentated group transfers, you might want to book something else cancelable that you can live with. Then keep trying the ES via phone and on line. There will be rooms released later. Right now they are just holding group rooms for the cruiselines. Not all will be used.

But it sounds like money isn't an object of concern and you won't be satisfied with another hotel. And that's okay!;)

I just want to add one thing, money is the object and you are entitled to your opinion. I had booked another hotel and it was more expensive then booking with the TA with the cruise line hotels. Maybe I could have waited until the end and took my chances, but I feel that I got a fair price for everything that is included. Thanks for the info.

I just want to add one thing, money is the object and you are entitled to your opinion. I had booked another hotel and it was more expensive then booking with the TA with the cruise line hotels. Maybe I could have waited until the end and took my chances, but I feel that I got a fair price for everything that is included. Thanks for the info.

You are absolutely correct about the deals you can sometimes get with your TA being better. We needed 2 rooms in March 2007 and although I started looking early the rates were extremely high due to Spring Break. I found that the Princess package at the Renaissance in Plantation was much less and included the transfers. We arrived about 2 AM due to flight delays and understandably there was no rep to meet us. We took a cab and saved our receipt and Princess refunded the money! As an added bonus we arrived so late that only the concierge floor was available and that included free breakfast!

Archived