West Coast:Los Angeles to Canada

harlekuin

Back when the H1N1 flu hit, Splendor canceled all trips to Mexico and did several weeks of runs round trip from Los Angeles to Astoria Oregon, Victoria, Canada and Vancouver, Canada. I have to say this was one of the best cruises we have been on.

We don't have many choices anymore from the West Coast now that Acapulco/Ixtapa is gone. I was wondering what others thought of this if they had taken this cruise and would you do it again?

Does anyone think Carnival might look at this itinerary in the future?

I agree... the pickins are pretty slim on the west coast, but that is par for the course. I did the Mexican Riviera twice simply because that was the only choice we had. Now the only thing left is Alaska and Hawaii... we are doing Alaska next summer out of Seattle. I would love it if they did exactly what you say, going to Oregon and Canada. That would be something different and interesting for sure.

We enjoyed our cruise up north, we only ported in Victoria and Vancouver on our trip. The seas were a little rough heading up north, a lot of rocking and a rolling.

San Francisco would be a nice stop or starting point also.

We sail on the Splendor in a week and a half and this will most likely be the last Pacific Mexico cruise we take for a while, only so many times you want to visit those same ports.

Guess it is time to have to start thinking about adding airfare to our cruising budget

Hi, we did the cruise up north last year june 2009, we got it very last minute very inexpensive with aft balcony. It was great. We have done all of the Mexican Riveria Ports and are tired of them. Victoria was beautiful, Vancouver and Astoria very small but quiant... It was chilly but nice for something different. We are not interested in going back to Mexicao again, so we too have to fly to get our next cruise. We are headed to Galveston in a few months. I believe Princess & RCCL do a repositioning up to Alaska out of So Cal with these ports you might want to check it out, MAY & SEPT I believe.

Hope that helps. Happy Cruising

All of the lines do cruises like this when they are repositioning from Alaska to California or vice versa. We have been on a couple of different lines and done this. Always a great cruise and usually a little cheaper than a standard 1 week cruise. Next year, Princess has a new route - Los Angeles to Los Angeles. Going to Santa Barbara, San Francisco, San Diego, and Ensenada. I think there's one other port, but I can't remember which one. There are a lot of winery tours as excursions. We are thinking about going next October. I would love if all the lines would do more Pacific coast cruises, the problem being they have to make a foreign port. I would like an LA or SD run to Vancouver and back for example.

We took that cruise last May on the Splendor and enjoyed it. When we returned, I wrote a letter to Carnival to tell them that and that I thought it could be an itinerary they should consider. They responded by thanking me for my suggestion but made no opinions ( very understandable. )

At that time, there were several threads on CC that others thought the same thing. Many of us even wrote to John Heald on his blog suggesting this cruise to Canada and northern California.

I have no idea if the ones in charge of determining the itineraries have given it any consideration or if they have, how long it takes to actually put things in motion.

Both Carnival and Princess have NE US/ Eastern Canada cruises so you would think it would fly on the west coast also.

All of the lines do cruises like this when they are repositioning from Alaska to California or vice versa. We have been on a couple of different lines and done this. Always a great cruise and usually a little cheaper than a standard 1 week cruise. Next year, Princess has a new route - Los Angeles to Los Angeles. Going to Santa Barbara, San Francisco, San Diego, and Ensenada. I think there's one other port, but I can't remember which one. There are a lot of winery tours as excursions. We are thinking about going next October. I would love if all the lines would do more Pacific coast cruises, the problem being they have to make a foreign port. I would like an LA or SD run to Vancouver and back for example.

Because they are repositioning cruises, they only happen once or twice a year. I believe the OP was hoping they would be more frequent with more sail date choices.

We took that cruise last May on the Splendor and enjoyed it. When we returned, I wrote a letter to Carnival to tell them that and that I thought it could be an itinerary they should consider. They responded by thanking me for my suggestion but made no opinions ( very understandable. )

I took one of the Swine Flu cruises last year and loved it.

On the comment cards that they used to have, there was a box about what itinerary you would like to take. One of the options was a Northwest Coastal. I always checked that box and made a comment about it.

I took one of the Swine Flu cruises last year and loved it.

On the comment cards that they used to have, there was a box about what itinerary you would like to take. One of the options was a Northwest Coastal. I always checked that box and made a comment about it.

I forgot about the comment card. I did the same.

I didn't get to take one of those cruises, but I'd sail to Canada on Splendor in a heartbeat. It would be especially great if they'd do it during summer... and if they threw in a LA->Canada->Alaska and back again run, maybe during August when no sane person wants to go to Mexico, all the better. :)

We took one of these cruises last year, and it was our favorite itinerary. With so much violence in Mexico, we don't get off of the ship when we cruise there. John Heald asked how many people wanted this alternate itinerary on his blog and Facebook page a few months ago. I hope the beards listen to him. I really don't want to add airfare to our budget, but we may have to.

I don't think it will ever happen........especially since RCCL and Princess are pulling out of the West Coast Carnival will have pretty much Baja and the Mexican Riviera all to themselves.... they can barely fill up their ships now and the Spirit sails Alaska already......

You have to remember alot of the people from the Pacific Northwest sail out of the West Coast to get out of their crummy weather.......why would they want to sail back home:D

We took one of these cruises last year, and it was our favorite itinerary. With so much violence in Mexico, we don't get off of the ship when we cruise there. John Heald asked how many people wanted this alternate itinerary on his blog and Facebook page a few months ago. I hope the beards listen to him. I really don't want to add airfare to our budget, but we may have to.

Wow that's really sad considering that is not where the violence is.....

!

When you post regarding my post, then you are calling me ignorant. I'm not your baby. You posted a response to my original post that is innappropriate, unwarranted and added the name calling.

There have been incidents of kidnappings from the Baja area.

I will end the war of words here. do not reply.

Ignorant is not an insult........nobody knows everything, everyone is ignorant in one way or another. It just shows that you do not know the facts of where the violence is......please post a link to your kidnapping facts......otherwise have a nice cruise;)

LOL.. i was actually with you! :)

You are not a troll.

But i wanted her to know that her opinion is also important as it is hers. I may not share it ... but i also haven't walked her shoes.. and it sounds like she is speaking frompersonal experince. You can't change what someone else has seen that you haven't

And ps.. you still aren't a troll :D

Sorry I got a little carried away when she called Mexico a craphole:o

Archived