J031 is home at last

Solas

Hi,

They are finally home. PJ passed through the Heads about 6.30am. One full day late but they made it.

Looks like she has two tugs in attendance. Hopefully they can fix the problem so the cup cruise can go ahead but they also might cancel that and leave her in the dock for a good re-fit and repair.

My wife and I were lucky, we got on the Pacific Sun for a replacement cruise so our holiday is just postponed but many others don't have that chance and for them I do feel very sorry. In the end, we must all remember that it wasn't P&O's fault and no amount of planned maintenance prevents all breakdowns.

Going back to watch her sail past on the Sydney webcam.

Solas

I like your attitude Solas. Glad to hear you manged to get on another cruise & hope you have a wonderful time.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, there were a group of 120 linedancers going on this cruise. The guy that organised that is a T/A and he managed to organise a trip to Fiji (leaving today) for anyone that was interested. There are 40 of them (including a very good friend of mine) flying out this afternoon.

Hi,

They are finally home. PJ passed through the Heads about 6.30am. One full day late but they made it.

Looks like she has two tugs in attendance. Hopefully they can fix the problem so the cup cruise can go ahead but they also might cancel that and leave her in the dock for a good re-fit and repair.

My wife and I were lucky, we got on the Pacific Sun for a replacement cruise so our holiday is just postponed but many others don't have that chance and for them I do feel very sorry. In the end, we must all remember that it wasn't P&O's fault and no amount of planned maintenance prevents all breakdowns.

Going back to watch her sail past on the Sydney webcam.

Solas

Hi Solas,

I am really glad you were able to get a replacement cruise.You are correct problems with machinery is unavoidable and P&O nor anyone else couls prevent this problem.I hope the PJ is up and ready for the Melbourne cup cruise and I hope you have a fantastic cruise on PS.

Happy cruising

Col

Archived