Cruise ship to airport

I imagine a taxi would be pretty expensive.
Yes, several hundred US dollars each way. Copenhagen is full of investment bankers who would think nothing about paying this amount of money for a 15 minutes taxi ride.

Or, of course, there's Google, which gives you these:-

I agree that taxis are very expensive in Copenhagen. Whichever cruise line you are on will most likely offer transfers to the airport at an exorbitant but still more reasonable price. If you have a later flight it is often possible to combine the transfer with a short tour of some interesting place.

Have a GREAT cruise!

Taxi was not that expensive this past July. 4 of us, there was no line, they had regular taxi and a van taxi line. We paid in Krona, as I recall $about 65.00 in US Dollars. Much cheaper than cruise line transfers and much easier. We generally avoid cruise line transfers..

Taxi was not that expensive this past July. 4 of us, there was no line, they had regular taxi and a van taxi line. We paid in Krona, as I recall $about 65.00 in US Dollars. Much cheaper than cruise line transfers and much easier. We generally avoid cruise line transfers..

HMMM ... taxi generally easier than cruise line transfer? I don't know about that one.

Cruise line transfer: Get bags at customs, bus waiting nearby, drop bags, get in bus, take nice tour, get to airport with bags.

Taxi: Get bags at customs. Get outside terminal, find out where taxi line is, rustle bags over there, fight line or if no controlled line fight crowds, get in taxi, check rates or meter (may or may not be in English), hold on tight as driver zooms along, get to airport, figure out which terminal (driver might or might not know), get bags out of taxi, dig around for cash, sometimes has to be local currency, calculate tip in head, and breathe sigh of relief that you didn't (hopefully) get ripped off.

Now some ports are better than others, some cruise terminals are better than others, and some arrival days are less congested than others. But if we do not have a limo and a driver booked ahead, we find the cruise line transfers to be a whole lot easier on the nerves than a taxi!

That's how it works for us. YMMV.

YMMV.
Indeed.

We do a cruise every year in which we have to book the entire package which includes the transfer from airport to pre-cruise hotel, the transfer from hotel to ship, the transfer from ship to post-cruise day room hotel, and the transfer from hotel to airport. There is no way of opting out of this.

Every year, there are many inexperienced travellers in the group who all religiously take the transfers that they have paid for. Every year, we hear endless moaning about the inefficiency and slowness of the transfers. Every year, those of us who abandon the included paid-for transfers and pay extra for taxis have a easier and faster time of it.

Taxis in Copenhagen are not that expensive. The going rate is the equivalent of about $35-$40 each way.

Archived