Internet Cafe on Carnival Dream?

Abraxas

I am going on Carnival Dream next year, and was wondering if there was an internet cafe.

The Dream actually has several area's that you can access the internet, plus shipwide wifi if you bring your own.

There are computers in the lobby (deck 3 beside Guest Services), deck 5 midship (the largest area), deck 4 midship (along lower Dream street). The IT guy's desk is at the Deck 5 location if you need assistance.

Thanks Janey...do you know how much to send emails?

Here's the pricing on the Dream...

Carnival Dream (all itineraries)

• 480 minutes for $159.00 – complimentary laptop rental included

• 240 minutes for $89.00 – complimentary laptop rental included

• 120 minutes for $59.00

• 45 minutes for $29.00

• Pay As You Go: $0.75/minute

:)

I've heard in the past that the connection is not great if you choose to use the WiFi. Does anyone know if that has changed in recent years? I am considering purchasing a 120-minute package, but don't want to spend 118 of those minutes trying to get back online after being kicked off.

Also, is the connection more reliable if you use one of the ship's computers in the cafe, rather than your own laptop?

Thanks!

I've heard in the past that the connection is not great if you choose to use the WiFi. Does anyone know if that has changed in recent years? I am considering purchasing a 120-minute package, but don't want to spend 118 of those minutes trying to get back online after being kicked off.

Also, is the connection more reliable if you use one of the ship's computers in the cafe, rather than your own laptop?

Thanks!

The satellite link on the Dream is three times the bandwidth of the connection on other Carnival ships... 2.4 mbs vs. 750 k...

I was able to get a download speed of 170 k on board... much better than what one gets on other ships...

The satellite link on the Dream is three times the bandwidth of the connection on other Carnival ships... 2.4 mbs vs. 750 k...

I was able to get a download speed of 170 k on board... much better than what one gets on other ships...

Thanks Host Mach! Although, hmmm.. I think I'll perpetuate the old "iffy connection" myth for a bit - just so my boss doesn't get any ideas about me being accessible while I'm on vacation! :D

Thanks Host Mach! Although, hmmm.. I think I'll perpetuate the old "iffy connection" myth for a bit - just so my boss doesn't get any ideas about me being accessible while I'm on vacation! :D

It is rather hit and miss. As with any satellite connection, if the antenna is not able to lock the satellite there's no internet access. If the ship is moving about by a significant degree there will be no connection. I know this from experience.

On the dream from about 10:00am to 8:00pm, the internet was sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow !!!!

Get up early, or it will take you 20 minutes just to load a page, talk about a great way to rack up the $$$ for carnival.

Lots of places had free wifi when the boat docked though, so i could take my iphone and catch up on all my emails for free.

Archived