Celebrity Cruises' Perfect Storm: Passengers Heated Over Canceled Voyage

LauraS

Laura...thank you for the article highlighting the awful handling of this event by Celebrity....and thank you and the author for asking Celebrity some questions.

Many of us were on Back to Back cruises and expected to come back to the US on the Century. To get home, we had to buy one way air tickets from Europe to the US which are very expensive (more than buying a round trip ticket). Celebrity's contribution of $250 a person was woefully inadequate when buying a new ticket....although I'm sure it was helpful to those who just had to move up their return flight and pay a change fee.

I, for one, welcome any help cruisecritic can give to get Celebrity to focus on doing the right thing....apologizing for the way this was handled, and revisiting their compensation.

Thank you for posting this article. Count us in with the group who was very disappointed in the assistance -- or lack of assistance, we received. We felt so pressured to get off the ship so it could go into drydock. I fell after getting off the tender in Nice and found out yesterday, the day I returned home, that I had fractured my ankle. I guess it's the type of ending I should have expected from a really miserable experience.

The whole dockside experience was terrible - it was enlightening to see the large group of Celebity employees sitting the shade under the tent while passengers struggled to either find their luggage and get it off the water taxi.

We were on the dock for well over 3 hours with no water or liquids available - Celebrity staff kept saying it was coming on the next water taxi but it never did....they are lucky no one had a heart attack !!

Laura...thank you for the article highlighting the awful handling of this event by Celebrity....and thank you and the author for asking Celebrity some questions.

Many of us were on Back to Back cruises and expected to come back to the US on the Century. To get home, we had to buy one way air tickets from Europe to the US which are very expensive (more than buying a round trip ticket). Celebrity's contribution of $250 a person was woefully inadequate when buying a new ticket....although I'm sure it was helpful to those who just had to move up their return flight and pay a change fee.

I, for one, welcome any help cruisecritic can give to get Celebrity to focus on doing the right thing....apologizing for the way this was handled, and revisiting their compensation.

Hi ghstudio,

I am in total agreement with you and have also been posting my viewpoints on the "cancelled 10/13 century cruise" thread.

Also, I notice you have a virtual travel map on your signature, and I've tried for over an hour to do that and failed. I know this is not the right forum, but I searched for this topic without success, and since there are only a few posts on this thread, I thought maybe you could help me. Please walk me through what I need to do to copy this map to my CruiseCritic signature. Can it be directly copied and pasted, or are other steps involved? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Archived