Grand Princess and nails

Little London

You have over a year to go... are you sure you can't find time for a nail appointment before January 2011?

(I say this with most respect - I know it's hard to read tone over the internet)

From what I've heard, I think most nail technicians on the cruise ships do acrylic only (but I could be wrong!). Where in the UK are you? I used to live in Horsham and know some fantastic nail techs down that way if that helps.

Good luck with your planning :)

Seraphine, Jan 2011 is not a year away. It's only a few months.

I can understand not being able to get nails done before a cruise. In my job I must wear my nails very short, so if I leave for a cruise too soon after my last day of work I don't have time to get them done either.

I also think that acrylics may be all you will find on a ship though.

Seraphine, Jan 2011 is not a year away. It's only a few months.

I can understand not being able to get nails done before a cruise. In my job I must wear my nails very short, so if I leave for a cruise too soon after my last day of work I don't have time to get them done either.

I also think that acrylics may be all you will find on a ship though.

You are absolutely right, of course! I'm sorry! Why does 2011 seem so far away, when it's only 2 months away? I completely apologise for missing that one. I promise I wasn't trying to be smart.

You are right as well about not being able to wear nails for your work, but seeing as the OP would like gel and they are probably not available through Steiner onboard, she is right to try to check it out now. I'm a nail technician who works mobile, and if LittleLondon looks around, she may be able to find someone who can come to her house the evening before she goes (after her work is done). It may be tight for time, but if she is sure she wants gel, that might be the only way to do it.

LittleLondon - I can help you find someone in your area who does gel, and try to find a mobile tech if that's what might help?

Seraphine, I didn't think you were trying to be smart. In fact, I had to go over it a couple of times in my mind to decide whether it was a year or a few months :D Your idea of using a mobile nail tech is pretty good for those of us who are short of time.

Archived