Service Charges

shenaniganzz

You are lucky to find such bargains for 7 day cruises - $60 per day?

Well, I did say "almost" 20% . . . a little rounding.

Try an inside on the Spirit, Gem, Jewel, Sun or Pearl . . . pick the right dates and you might even get a better cabin.

Actually that $12 per passenger DSC included tips for three meals, and one or two snacks as well, along with the room steward tip. Not to mention the others involved in pampering you that day outside the bar tips. I don't feel $12 per person per day DSC on a cruise ship is too high...

I rank cruise ships restaurants and dining rooms as equal to resort hotel restaurants. Resort hotels dining prices are not as cheap as Applebees, so think in terms a bit higher... Motel 6 is not a resort hotel...

Cheapskates think in terms of Dennys. Sorry, I rank cruise ship dining much much higher... You book a cruise on a ship, a resort hotel, not a Motel 6 in Dodge City, Kansas. Don't complain about Hilton prices and fees, you are not spending a week in a Motel 6...

Denny's is NOT cheap. The food and service may be, but price isn't!!

The "service charge" , call it what you may, is reasonabale in MHO..

I agree that $12 is a fair gratuity. It is for all crew, cabin stewards, waiters and assts., etc. I think the people who go and lower the amount are not thinking of all the hard workers who depend on these tips since their salaries are very low. In speaking to different crew members, I think they prefer the gratuities being added since even more people just didn't leave any tip or very little:eek:. Some people are just plain cheap!

Archived