Trip Report - Family Reunion/60th Anniversary Cruise - Legend - Aug 15-22, 2010

JohnsPrincess

Great review so far! I still can't believe the woman did that but also I would've hoped my husband would've immediately shut her down.

I know!! John is just too nice. He doesn't ever want to upset anyone. He likes to be liked, you know? I like to be liked to, but I can also tell someone when they're being rude...sometimes. Lol, I'm shy. :o

I am really enjoying your review! And your crocheted dolls are the cutest things I've ever seen!:)

Awe, thank you so much!!! They were a PAIN to do...but I was really pleased with home they came out. Except for the eyes. I couldn't get the darn eyes right, lol.

This morning started off a bit nerve wracking. When we awoke we were still out to sea and the skies looked...ok. But soon we got to Cozumel and the skies were Gray and it was raining. Uh oh. Would our day in Mexico be a bust?? I was really worried that our excursion would be cancelled!! However, by the time we were ready, the skies had cleared!

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

We ran to grab a quick breakfast and then made our way to Follies. We were supposed to meet at 945 and it was about 947. Lol...the guy directed us (and a bunch of others) to just head on out to the end of the pier and we'd see where we were supposed to go since we were "late". No problem though.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Once there we met Patrico who would be our tour guide for the day.

ry%3D480

I told John that he was so adorable I wanted to stick him in my pocket and take him home with me. He was just really sweet and funny. We walked over to our van and our first stop was Discover Mexico.

ry%3D480

First we saw a short "movie" that was actually quite lovely and then we went through the small museum and saw some hand made things.

ry%3D480

Then it was outside where they have a bunch of scale model buildings. A bunch of temples and some more modern things. It was really interesting.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

John and I grabbed a YUMMY margarita (freshly made!) and then hit the gift shop. I got a few little things that I think were very very well priced. Cheaper than I saw anywhere else, at least!

ry%3D480

We then went to El Cedral. There is a small church here and the ruins of a temple. Cute area. It's also where the island comes for their big yearly fiesta! We looked around the shops there but I don't think we got anything but a couple large maracas.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Next we made our way to the other side of the island. It was much more sparse and the ocean was more "active" but it was just as beautiful!!

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

We stopped somewhere...I can't remember what it was called but it was basically a couple shacks on the side of the road with some great rocks to take pictures at!!!

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

I haggled with one of the guys there and got one of the bowls I'd been eyeing for about 5$. Considering I hadn't been able to get a guy at a previous store below 12$ for it, I was happy. We also got some beer there that was Really good!!

ry%3D480

After that it was back in the van and onto the Tequilla factory!!!

ry%3D480

I tried to get a good mix of things for us to do...things that John would actually like and then stuff that I'd enjoy! So how could he not love a Tequilla factory with a tour!!

Another ADORABLE Mexican man met us outside there and gave us a little tour.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

It was so interesting and I think John really loved it. After he took us around, we were able to sample some tequilla. I had the first one (the clear) but that was enough for me of the strong stuff. LOL I didn't have the darker two. But then he pulled out the flavored ones and said that I would like them. After my second or so he laughed and announced to the group "See! She is getting some color in her cheeks!" LOL

We then drove through the middle of the island while Patrico told us more stories.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

We stopped in a shopping area where he showed us where to get our free charm. Even though it's made out of crap...it was the sombrero one, which is the one I'd wanted to grab, so I was happy.

ry%3D480

John and I went into one of the stores there "Las Cinco Soles" and I got a few little things there too.

ry%3D480

The prices in there were funny...some things seemed wildly over priced while some seemed really cheap!!! We saw a bottle of Tequilla with a SCORPION in it!!! Ew! I'd never even heard of that. Worm yes. Scorpion, no!!!

Best pic I could get:

ry%3D480

From there it was back to the terminal. John and I walked through a couple more shops just browsing and saw Kali, Jeremy, Amara, Aunt Cheryl, Julia, and Jackie in passing. We were really tired and hot (and I was STARVING) so we headed back on board!

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

I went through the decks to check on mom and Nikki. Nikki had been feeling bad AGAIN today so mom had gotten off the boat alone for a little while and just walked around for a bit. Poor mom!! And poor Nikki, too! Then I went back to our room and John and I took a short nap!!

All too soon it was time to get ready for dinner! As usual, everything was really good and our servers were awesome. One of the desserts today was a cake with raspberry sorbet. I wanted the warm melting cake and asked if there was any way to substitute the vanilla ice cream for the raspberry. No problem! And YUM.

ry%3D480

Seriously...so stinkin' good. Two of my favorite things!!!

ry%3D480

After dinner a bunch of us decided to go to one of the Trivia's. On the way we passed Fun Ship Freddie so OF COURSE I had to stop and get a pictures!!!

ry%3D480

Trivia was in Sachmo's and this time it was Carnivallaire. Their version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire. It was pretty fun!! I did fairly good, but certainly didn't win. LOL

Then a bunch of us hopped over to Follies for Name That Kiss. They'd put up a picture of a kiss from a movie and you had to name the movie. There were 40 of them and I actually got 39 of them!!! My mom helped me with 1, but I think I got all the others on my own. I WON!!! I actually think the next best was 36 or something, so even without her help I'd have won, and I think it was Kali who had 36! The place was pretty full, too! So, I got my coveted Ship on a Stick!!! Yippeeee!! I was SO PROUD!!!!

ry%3D480

After that mom, John, and I went up to the Piano bar for Name That Tune. For this one he did one song for each letter of the Alphabet. It was HARD. We didn't do too bad, but not too good either. We didn't even stay for all the answers because there were Two people smoking at the bar and it was just wafting over straight to us! It was really bad!

So then it was back down to Follies for the Wedding Game. Kali, Jeremy, Aunt Wendy, Uncle Kevin, Andrew, Ashley, and Michael were all still in there so we watched it together. It was Really Really funny!! Afterwards John said that he thinks we would have been good up there! Awe!

John wanted to see the table magician but he didn't play until 1045 and we didn't really want to wait around downstairs so it was back to our room for the night!!

Another great day and I can't believe there are only 2 more port days and one more day at sea!!!!

Great review!!!! loved all the underwater pics. We are doing this cruise in Jan just to dive all four ports so it was quite a nice tease to see the underwater images.

Loved the Barracuda shot!!!!!!

Thanks for your service and I look forward to the rest of your review.

Lari

Archived