Easter on the Emerald in the Caribbean

FCCsoundman

Well here goes with my first post. My wife and I will be sailing on the Emerald Princes departing April 17,2011. Two of our port calls will be on Good Friday (Barbados) and Easter Sunday (St.Thomas). Do we need to be concerned about excursions/shopping not being available those days? Also, does the cruise line do anything special onboard even though not everyone celebrates these days?

Yes....you should be concerned...many of the Caribbean Islands shut down on 'holy" days...excursions will go on as planned, but don't expect stores to be up and running.

The ship will probably have some Easter activities....Easter Egg hunt...decorations in the dining room....stuff like that....ham or turkey on the menu...

One year we were at St. Thomas on Easter Sunday. We were docked at Havensight, and I do not remember the shops not being open, but we aren't big shoppers. I specifically remember going over to St. John, where we saw the Easter Bunny at Cinnamon Bay. He was walking along and there were lots of children following him. What fun they were having!

If tours aren't running, you will know ahead of time. There may be some vendors who won't work on Easter, but we are their bread-and-butter.

Archived