OBC or Lido Deck????

Talli

So my rate went down on my cruise! Again! Woohoo! I am going to call my TA in the morning to either move cabins or get an OBC but not sure what to do. So I am asking all you experienced cruisers for help. This is our first cruise so not sure what to do and yes we are booked ES.

We are currently booked in a balcony (Freedom 7422) on the Empress deck so have cabins below and above us. Would you move to the Lido deck (9217) or take the $80 total in OBC?

One more thing, the new rate is under the special resident rate, so would that make me ineligle for more OBC if the rates drop again?

Thanks!

Talli

I also would take the OBC. However, if you do take the upgrade to Lido, you would still have just cabins above and below you. It would be an easier walk to the buffet/pools/waterslide. However, you would then have to go down 4 flights of stairs to get to the promenade for the shows, and either 5 or 6 to get to the main dining room. Empress is centrally located, which is why I would stay there and take the money.

As far the resident rate question goes, you would still be earlysaver, and you would still be eligible for more price drops/OBC. We got a price reduction under the past guest rate, but we were still ES, and later were able to receive OBC when the rate dropped again.

Thanks for all the replies everyone! I would prefer to take the money but now my TA is being a pain and trying to tell me that we don't qualify for OBC since our cat is sold out. Also the 1 cabin on Lido is gone now too :mad:. She says she doesn't understand what I want from her, and now the only cat available is only $10 less than what we paid but she won't even credit that! I told her I did a screen print of the prices last night around midnight and she says that it doesn't matter since the price is no longer available. GRRR! I am so mad and DH doesn't care! He thinks its is too much work, but I think I am entitled to the something since I found the price drop, and booked under ES with all its restictions..... All I want is the lower fare that ES gaurantees me...

Ok, deep breath, I do feel better now that I vented :rolleyes:. I am still not happy but what can I do? I did send in the ES form on my own but sure I will get denied since I booked with a TA and aren't they supposed to send it in for you...

Talli

Thanks for all the replies everyone! I would prefer to take the money but now my TA is being a pain and trying to tell me that we don't qualify for OBC since our cat is sold out. Also the 1 cabin on Lido is gone now too :mad:. She says she doesn't understand what I want from her, and now the only cat available is only $10 less than what we paid but she won't even credit that! I told her I did a screen print of the prices last night around midnight and she says that it doesn't matter since the price is no longer available. GRRR! I am so mad and DH doesn't care! He thinks its is too much work, but I think I am entitled to the something since I found the price drop, and booked under ES with all its restictions..... All I want is the lower fare that ES gaurantees me...

Ok, deep breath, I do feel better now that I vented :rolleyes:. I am still not happy but what can I do? I did send in the ES form on my own but sure I will get denied since I booked with a TA and aren't they supposed to send it in for you...

Talli

Unfortuatly, this is one of the pitfalls of going thru a TA with ES, you lose time dealing with the middleman and can sometimes miss opportunities......

The same thing happened to me a couple of years ago and I am still mad about it. I also sent the form in, but didn't get the credit. They told me it didn't get there in time. The one thing they did to make things a little better was they told me that the past cruiser rate had become better than the early saver rate for our cabin and they could switch me to that if I wanted. It wasn't as much savings, but it was real close to sail date so I took it.

Archived