Daily programs & shopping guides

cruzrbachoua

Does anyone who was just recently on Oosterdam to MR have their daily programs and or shopping guides they are will to scan and email or post the pdf? I am a planner and would love to see what to expect as I have never been to MR or on HAL.

It's great to plan ahead, but this is a a little early..;)

According to your profile you are not going to the MR on HAL until Oct of 2011.Most likely they will not even have the same Officers..Everything will have changed by then..:):)

You can get a lot of generic info on the Ports of call boards for Mexico..

Cheers....:)Betty

Just look at any old one you have. They will recommend Diamonds International, Del Sol, Emeralds of Columbia and Tanzanite International regardless of what pport you are going to. Not really helpful in deciding what to do. I recommend you look for a local guide book after you get off the ship and many have maps, coupons and listings of places you might be interested in. I haven't gone to a shopping lecture in years.

I realize it is early which is why I stated I and my fellow travel mates are planners. I was not looking for officer info. I was mainly looking for info on the type of stuff that HAL offers and does as we have only ever been on Princess. I found some posted on a different site but there were hard to read as they were pics and not pdfs. I have also never been to MR and was looking for the shopping guides as mainly a reference of what the port layout is and not specific stores. But rather to decide if we should pick an excursion that offers time for shopping or if there is plenty of toursit shopping right at the pier. The cruise we just went on we planned and researched for quite some time and made the trip easier and much more relaxed since we didnt have to make decisions last minute.

I don't have any info about onboard activities, but if you post your questions regarding the port-area shopping or maps on the Mex Riv board, I'm fairly certain you'll get a number of answers. There are some people on that forum who have done (literally) dozens of cruises to the Mex Riv.

I know that in PV there's a Walmart across a VERY busy street. One of our travelling companions made the trip to Walmart and swore she would not do it again :) Not sure I'm recalling this next bit correctly BUT I think there's also a small area very close to the ship that has some shops. In Mazatlan there is a shopping area that you must transit to get back on the ship. Can't tell you what was in there -- we were running a bit late, unprepared for the crush of humanity in the shopping area, and were afraid we were going to miss the ship. In Cabo there are lots of stores in the port area.

If you find the maps that are handed out onboard, I think they will only show you the "recommended shops" without info about any other shops/stores.

Does anyone who was just recently on Oosterdam to MR have their daily programs and or shopping guides they are will to scan and email or post the pdf? I am a planner and would love to see what to expect as I have never been to MR or on HAL.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1296388

this thread has the link to the 12nights of programs-- last 7nights are MR oosterdam. They are readable if you dont look at the album show & look at single page- plus you can zoom-- but they are jpgs

OMG thank you this is what i was looking for. i wanted to see what activities Hal had and also map that showed the port from the ships point of view and where it docks. thank you for your hard work. i should have searched one more time b4 posting my thread...lol

Same reason some of us cruise the mediterranean yet eat at a Mc Donalds at least once on the trip. Just to see how it is, I guess lol.

We were on a 28 day cruise on the Statendam last year & we hiked back from that Walmart in PV..It was quite an experience..I ran my last pair of hose & wanted to replace them..DH wanted something else, think it may have been Batteries...Our Friends wanted something else..We all bought some wine too...After going down town first to shop we then had a cab drop us off at the Walmart.. We just followed some of the crew back..Many in the Crew were carrying large 10 or 15 gal jugs of water back with them...It was a very long walk across a busy main highway..they are all young but I would not want to do it again though..

Cheers....Betty

Archived