Future Cruise Credit...Am I missing something?

jerseygirl79

I don't get the point of the Future Cruise Credit. Maybe I'm missing something. You pay $100 for a cruise credit, you book a cruise within 5 years and receive $50, $100, or $200 off PER cabin.

So, I purchase for $100, then book a 7 day and receive a $100 credit? What's the point??????

And why would you pay $100 for a $50 credit?

I MUST be missing something! Right?

You get the $100 deducted from your balance on your cruise when you book it. Then you get additional On Board Credit.

$50 for 3,4,5 day cruise

$100 for a 7 day

$200 for 12 day or longer

So you can actually double or triple your money depending on what cruise you book. There are some restrictions on the rates that are available to use. We generally book Interline and it is not good on Interline Rates but does apply to Military

You pay $100. for the certificate, then you get $100. off your cruise PLUS $100. On Board Credit - you are gaining $100. On shorter cruises (less than 7, I believe) you only get $50 OBC. It's a good deal for 7 day cruises - and the certificates are good for 5 years.

OHHHH!!!! That makes SENSE now! The credit is in ADDITION to the $100 deposit!!

Are they non-transferrable? For instance, If I purchase 2 certificates, can I keep one for myself and DH and give one to another couple as a gift? Or do you have to register them?

OHHHH!!!! That makes SENSE now! The credit is in ADDITION to the $100 deposit!!

Are they non-transferrable? For instance, If I purchase 2 certificates, can I keep one for myself and DH and give one to another couple as a gift? Or do you have to register them?

Im not sure what you mean by deposit .. but I have never been allowed to use one toward my deposit, the ones you buy and bring home and mail in. The $100 came off the balance due at final payment.

No, they are not transferable.

I was told that you could buy them for other people.. maybe if you know who you are buying them for they would let you... I do know you can only use one per cabin.

Im not sure what you mean by deposit .. but I have never been allowed to use one toward my deposit, the ones you buy and bring home and mail in. The $100 came off the balance due at final payment.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm just using the wording I read in another thread about the Future Cruise Credit where it was referred to as a deposit.

Thanks for the information.

Make sure to read the fine print. If you are cruising SOLO you will only get half the advertised OBC. Just another case of solo passangers getting screwed after we pay 200% supplement to sail with Carnival. Paying full price times 2 and still only getting half the benefits. Something is just not right about that. :confused:

I think the certificate says it is used towards the deposit, but technically, it applies to the total cruise price. When I booked my cruise, I had to pay the per person deposit right then, but gave the certificate # to my TA so that it would be placed on my account.

I then mailed in my certificate right away via certified mail (not sure why I'd need to wait), and the $100 "deposit" amount showed up on my invoice as a separate payment line, under the payment type called "Company Payment."

You are correct...they are applied to your final payment.

The confusion comes in because originally they were SUPPOSE to reduce your deposit...but for some reason that did not work out...

to this day I still hear some FFC reps *and some CDs saying "applied towards your deposit"...but it is not.

they just use it to reduce your final payment.

On shorter cruises (less than 7, I believe) you only get $50 OBC. It's a good deal for 7 day cruises

I'd say it's still a good deal for shorter cruises. Paid $100 in April, getting an extra $50 back next month on my Imagination 4 night cruise. :)

Will be getting $100 OBC on the Miracle right after the Imagination. That just makes it a better deal. :D

You are correct...they are applied to your final payment.

The confusion comes in because originally they were SUPPOSE to reduce your deposit...but for some reason that did not work out...

to this day I still hear some FFC reps *and some CDs saying "applied towards your deposit"...but it is not.

they just use it to reduce your final payment.

I got off the Conquest earlier this month and they had this big ole cardboard sign .. at the top it said for $100 deposit you can hold a cruise for up to 4 years... makes no sense to use the word deposit in the promotions onboard.

Its not a $100 deposit to me...the $100 isnt holding any SPECIFIC cruise for 4 years .. you cant even book 4 years in advance.

Anyone know if you can buy the future cruise credit on the ship, then apply it to a reservation you already have? I'm guessing not, but hey, it never hurts to ask..

Yes you can. I did that with my last cruise.

Anyone know if you can buy the future cruise credit on the ship, then apply it to a reservation you already have? I'm guessing not, but hey, it never hurts to ask..

The new FCCs being sold specifically say that they cannot be used toward a already booked cruise.

The old ones do not say this.

The new FCCs being sold specifically say that they cannot be used toward a already booked cruise.

The old ones do not say this.

Mine said that and I just called my PVP and he applied it towards my cruise.

Mine said that and I just called my PVP and he applied it towards my cruise.

Right, they have not started enforcing the new language yet .. doesnt mean that future people will be allowed to.

Im guessing they added that language for a reason. So, Im reluctant to say this will be always allowed in the future, yes you can.

If you don't have a PVP, I'm guessing I could just try calling...

I'll most likely purchase one on my next cruise. I'll try to apply it towards a booked cruise, but if I can't, Hmmmmmm, guess I'll just have to book a new cruise! LOL!

We just purchased our first cert last week on the Conquest. The person next to me at the counter was discussing using it on a future cruise already booked. From what I heard, they could use it but don't know that for sure.

Right, they have not started enforcing the new language yet .. doesnt mean that future people will be allowed to.

Im guessing they added that language for a reason. So, Im reluctant to say this will be always allowed in the future, yes you can.

Here is another strange thing that happened to me on the Legend last week. On the tv in my room, it would not show my 100 OBC from my certificate. It would only subtract my other OBC. I went down and got a print out and it did subtract it out. I thought it was strange how it would not show on the tv but was in their system. Did that ever happen to you?

Archived